IA here

My flock is doing much better. I haven't had anyone get sick in the past week, so I hope whatever it was has blown over. I'm going to go ahead and stay under quarantine for the next month to be safe.

Just lost one of my remaining

original 2010 Iowa Blue hens, she seemed to be tired for the past few days so I tried to cage her to protect her from the roosters, but she wouldn't have it. I found her out on the fence line when I went out this morning. She must have gone out with the other girls and just dropped over. Not a bad way to go I guess, but I'll miss her. She had such character.

RIP Bonnie - the Birchen on the right.

I'm sure this question has been asked before but does anyone in the pella area have fertile eggs? Have a broody and wouldn't mine trying to hatch a few..don't care too much on breed it's more for fun for our boys!

You might try MURRAY McMURRAY , THEY HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR 97 YEARS AS OF THIS YEAR , WE HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT GREAT DEALINGS WITH THIS HATCHERY..........

Just lost one of my remaining

original 2010 Iowa Blue hens, she seemed to be tired for the past few days so I tried to cage her to protect her from the roosters, but she wouldn't have it. I found her out on the fence line when I went out this morning. She must have gone out with the other girls and just dropped over. Not a bad way to go I guess, but I'll miss her. She had such character.

RIP Bonnie - the Birchen on the right.

Sorry to hear that. But yes, if you're gonna go, go out running!

JUST got our coop and chicken run completed. The girls seem to love it. I have one that seems to have a secret desire to be a weather vane. I had never built anything in my life and had a fear of power tools, so this was a personal growing experience to put this together. My DH has been a blessing through it all; when I was whining, he just kept working alongside me. :). Now to "tweek" the coop. It needs more ventilation and more light. I am always open to suggestions. I live in Marion. The city finally okayed urban chickens so dove right in with my usual "it'll all work out" attitude and not as much planning as I should. You would think by the time I arrived at grandmahood I would have learned the art of planning a bit more. Would love any suggestions since a builder and chicken herder I am not. :) I mostly concerned about winter--freezing temps, ventilation, light, water needs, etc.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom