IA here

Pics
I have another one pipped right now, and another one that looks like it broke the membrane inside, so hoping it will pip soon. I think the other 3 eggs are not as ready - their air cells are still too small for imminent hatch. :)

Hi fellow Iowans! I just caught this thread.

I live in Milford with my wife and our two sons. We are new to chicken raising and have found it very enjoyable. I just found out about a poultry show in New Ulm, MN., next weekend the 10th and 11th. Don't know anything else about it. Anyone have any comments about the show in Iowa City? We are thinking about going.

How about the Chickenstock thread I saw a while back? Is that still in the works?

Hi there,

I am a member of the Eastern Iowa Poultry Association which host the show in Iowa City.

How can I help?

Btw, it is free to walk around and look. Bring your earplugs! IT'S LOUD.

Is this a real large show? vendors? sale section? are there a large variety of breeds? the curious want to know

We are definitely going to the Iowa City show - sounds like fun. We are just starting getting into poultry and enjoy seeing all the breeds and deciding what we'd like to try.

Would any of you Ioweenians, or anyone who might be going to the Iowa City show, be interested in Dominique or EE bantams? If I go, I would be willing to trade or sell them. It is difficult for me to figure out how to post picks, otherwise I would. The chicks will be just over three months old by that time. The Dominiques (1 cockerel and 4 pullets) are quirky and the EE's (2 cockerels and 3 pullets) are docile and beautiful, beautiful birds.
If you would be willing to trade, let me know what you are planning to take and how old they are.

Thanks,
Eric

Oh, how I wish I could have your EE's. But, I have ran out of pen space for now and promised my family no more birds until spring. When is the show? I might be able to come and look around. I know nothing about showing poultry so I won't bring any birds with me to show.

The show is at Sharpless Auction just off of I-80 about 10 minutes from the Coralville mall November 29th and 30th, 2008. We had 2000 birds there last year. One vendor, auction, raffle, and about 40 birds in the for sale area.

Back
Top Bottom