IA here

LOL my DH gave up counting a long time ago
big_smile.png

We're new to Iowa and looking to repopulate our poultry hobby now that we're settled in the state. What do local breeders have available for 2013 if we wanted to get some chicks or adult birds? We're also interested in turkeys, if anyone raises those, too. Thanks!

mrheinz77: Locally, there's the sand hill preservation center near calamus, or near us in Clinton there's schlecht hatchery, also mcmurray hatchery located in iowa. I've only ever ordered from schlecht and mcmurray. I'm not a fan of ordering chicks through the mail (have not had great luck) but I know others give good reviews about sand hill. I know schlecht and sand hill has turkeys, mcmurray I'm not sure about.

Welcome to this beautiful state!

Ordered from Sandhill and McMurray, beautiful chicks and all arrived healthy. But, I do prefer Sandhill over McMurray, I was happier with the chicks overall!!

I'm setting eggs tomorrow, scared to death. This is my first practice hatch before I start breeding. I have 16 of my own eggs and 12 more in the mail. Here is my incubator. Homemade :)

Back
Top Bottom