IA here

It is in Mason City, not sure how big, I think they have a for sale area. I would imagine it starts in am that is all i know

If anyone is interested - I have 4 xtra BLRW roos, about 18 wks, nice color and big - $8 ea
Also have 1 - 3yr old Tom Turkey and a 12 wk old Jake, both are mix of BR and RP - $15 ea
Planning to go to Waverly with them, unless someone speaks for them first.

The show is at the North Iowa Fairgrounds, right on Hwy 18. I will be there! I do have some bantam Buff Brahma chicks if anyone is interested. Also have some bantam crosses, several months old, fully feathered that are yours for the taking if someone wants them otherwise I will cull them. They seem to be small, nothing very big and I don't look for them to get very big.
I will be there Friday evening.

Is this a big show? Where is it located? What time does it start? Does it have a swap area? Any OEGBs that you know of?

They are limiting the show to 1000 birds. A double show, 2 sets of judges and a jr. show, 2 days worth. There will be a sales area. They will also take birds til they are full. Call Bart Pals, 641.430.2916 for information. The show itself will start at 9 or 10am on Sat. the 21st, 3 days from now. Pretty sure there will be OEGBs. Maybe not for sale but a good place to make contacts. See above post for location, very easy to find.

looking forward to seeing the birds if anyone is interested I have 2 bantam salmon faverolle roos available they arent marked correctly can pic up in mason city

It was fun show in Mason City! I highly recommend it as a good size show with lots of friendly people. I was there with my Iowa Blues and we received a great welcome for an as yet non-standardized breed.

I finally found the Iowa thread! I'm in Manly, Iowa and raise Iowa Blues, Easter Eggers, and I have a start in Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas.

I don't suppose someone has a silkie pullet they're trying to get rid of around my area do they? I have some bantam cochins to partial trade and Golden Sebright pullets for trade. I'm also heading to the Ames area next weekend and the Rochester area soon after that. Thanks!

Hello all! I'm up here in Spencer, Ia! dont have an chickens yet, but hoping to move to the country this year and get some Buff Orpingtons in the spring! Anyone else around here?

I have a question. I'm switching my laying flock to a dual-purpose flock. I'm going to have a few dark Cornish hens, some light and buff brahma hens, and light brahma roo, and eventually want to add some speckled Sussex hens. I will also have room for four silkies for setting. My goal in this endeavor is to have eggs, but also be able to hatch my own chicks for meat. And then of course, replace my stock. If I have these breeds all together, will the second, third, fourth, etc. generation be sterile because they're mixed or will they still be able to procreate? I've never done this before. I know that some breeds, like the sex-links are sterile because they're cross-bred. But I don't know much about these breeds in this regard.

Thanks,
Emily.

Back
Top Bottom