IA here

Pics
OK I'll suggest something

Everyone get plain white name tag and put BYC in large red letters on the top and their BYC tag in the middle with Real first name on the bottom

Like this

BYC (in red)
Clay in Iowa
Clay (bet you couldn't guess that
tongue.png
)

Place the tag on the left side of your shirt above you breast pocket Or there a bouts if you don't have pockets.

Yes ...no????

I'm going to meet people and maybe scare up a nice chicken dinner
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I bet I could get my husband to let me go. lol He hates going to swap meets because we always come home with something. I like the name tag idea.

Iowa city is only 45 minutes to an hour from here. Gas prices are down. It would be a great way to spend a saturday.

Cassie I love the pic of the rooster on your horse. We lost one of our roosters. The fox got him. Thankfully we have another one. I'm glad the hen is doing well. Do you still have golden laced cochins? Are any of them a rooster?

Chanin

Quote:
Thanks. Sorry about your rooster. Yes, we still have the golden laced cochins. I sold all but 1 Gold laced chick I hatched at the Kalona auction. The chick I kept is a rooster. I now regret selling all of the chicks ( I should have kept some replacement pullets also) but hopefully nothing will happen to the girls this winter and I can hatch out more chicks in the spring.

Last edited:
Name tags would be good I will try to remember to wear my byc t shirt also. Maybe we should take this discussion over to ia poultry show thread I know there are some out of staters going. Oh I am showing my salmon favorelle cockeral Leroy and a buff chantecler cockeral.
didn't get any girls that I want to show
sad.png

It's easier to buy birds early Sat than Friday. On Friday everybody is running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. (couldn't resist!) If you go on Friday it will be hard to catch the person who has the birds you want. Bring a marker and paper clips and leave them a note or stay by the cage until the owner comes along. You might miss something by waiting until Saturday but at least all the for sale birds should be there.

Saturday is a more social day. Friday is stick the bird in the cage and go day. Sunday is raffle, auction and take your birds and run home before eleven. Just my opinion.

Mr and Mrs Chicken: Ixsnay on the ookiescay! That was for your idskay onlybay. Whew! hee hee.

Last edited:
I'm going Friday night to try and find the birds someone from Nebraska is bringing for me. If I can't find her then I will be back Sat. She's not showing these birds so I don't know if they will let her bring her non-show birds inside with the show birds. She is showing though so maybe she can get those inside the building also. I am going to look for some birds to buy also. Esp. Silkies, Blue Orps. and Arucana. I also need a Phoenix hen or 2 for my roo. I am not going to buy that many though or might even wait until spring to buy them.

ETA: I just got some chicks from McMurray. Did you know they ship out of Texas? I ordered from them as it is an IA company and I didn't want the chicks to have to travel far. They shipped out of TX on Wed. and I already have 9 dead ones:( 6 were DOA (they did not arrive until yesterday morning) and 3 runts didn't make it through the night. I ordered 34 total chicks but still 9 dead is a lot to me and also the fact they shipped out of TX and not IA as I was led to believe. I won't be ordering from McMurray ever again.

Last edited:
Hey thats horrible about the chicks! I am shocked that they ship from Texas...I thought they were all shipped from Iowa. I ordered from ideal for the same reason and had lots of trouble. I have to say that Ive never lost a chick from McMurray but I haven't ordered from them in awhile.

The for sale birds are inside and can coop in at 4:30 in the afternoon on Friday along with the other show animals. I do know that the sales area is in a separate room just off of the main show room. The for sale birds are normally in the smaller room that has ducks and geese in it.

Mr and Mrs you are very very tricky....worth more observation I think.

Back
Top Bottom