IA here

Pics
They are close enough in age to be with the other chicks I think. Goody!! I would love to see pics. I can get you some picks of my golden laced tomorrow also. They are very nice birds. Seem heavy compared to my other breeds. I just really need girls and I have never had a frizzle. I also have a couple beautiful standard cochins. The invoice said Giant but I got told on here there really aren't Giant Cochins. If interested.??

Hey all,

Nope they do not sell birds outside. I was just letting someone know that yes the for sale birds are inside in reserved pens that cost $2.50 apiece. Of course people might meet and trade birds outside and not bring them in.

I'm trying to remember if there were any Araucana there last year and I'm not sure. They are pretty rare.

I would log on to blue egg brown egg to search for breeders of Araucana.

Ooh I'm getting so excited!
woot.gif

Chooks;
I'd love to see a pic of your barred frizzles. They are bantam, cochin, frizzles right? And how old are they?

Wren;
Could I be of any help during set up on Friday? Its either that or soak in a hot tub all day! Tough decision but I am willing to make the brutal sacrifice to help! LOL. Unless I am hatching! We will be in town and if I'm able, could certainly lend a hand. On thanksgiving day too for that matter if anyone else will be there.

Let me know.

I received a pm from another Iowan today who I will not name w/o permission. Sadly, she told me that she had two light sussex that were attacked and dispatched by a predator. A mink. She was very disappointed and I, as well as I hope some of you will, extend my deepest regrets for her loss. She said she will almost certainly not be attending the show. I hope she will reconsider. And get that varmint!

Here they come! They were hatched Oct 6 so they are 7 weeks old and these pics were taken about 10 minutes ago. I woke them up (they are in the brooder in the barn) so they might not be quite at their best!

14455_barred1.jpg

14455_barred2.jpg
'
'
14455_barred3.jpg

Top view
14455_barred_top.jpg

Here are several in the brooder with the Sicilians and the silkies.

14455_frizzles.jpg

Forgot this little guy! He's kind of rust and black mixed. I think he'll be quite handsome. Not 100% sure it's a he but I think so.

Edited to say he's also 3 weeks younger than the rest.

14455_brownfrizz.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom