IA here

This looks like an old page? chicks running around in a brooder. it's dated 2011?

edited because I believe they already hatched yesterday or the day before.

Yes, they moved the camera from hatcher to brooder. It is the current date and time. 2011 must be when the account was set up. You should see, in the brooder, a brown chick (Barnevelder) a couple of yellow chicks (Delaware) and some silvery/white chicks (blue splash Orpington) and the striped are Brahma. Don't know if they will be coming home with me tonight or if the cam will be on all wknd. Still have to work this out with the teacher.
ETA: The link works and those are my chicks, live!

Last edited:
Yes, they moved the camera from hatcher to brooder. It is the current date and time. 2011 must be when the account was set up. You should see, in the brooder, a brown chick (Barnevelder) a couple of yellow chicks (Delaware) and some silvery/white chicks (blue splash Orpington) and the striped are Brahma. Don't know if they will be coming home with me tonight or if the cam will be on all wknd. Still have to work this out with the teacher.
ETA: The link works and those are my chicks, live!
How many did they have hatch? I can count 16? they are so cute and fuffy. Our school used to hatch chicks when my kids were little I don't know if they still do it or not. The kids love it!

How many did they have hatch? I can count 16? they are so cute and fuffy. Our school used to hatch chicks when my kids were little I don't know if they still do it or not. The kids love it!

17 out of 20 hatched. 2 of the late hatchers seem to have leg problems and will most likely be culled. The next hatch will be pheasants and maybe some more of my eggs. Not sure when the teacher will be getting those eggs, he wants a hatch before the end of school. Three of the kindergarten classes will be hatching around the
16th. I don't know if they will have webcams? More of my eggs, Iowa Blues thanks to Kari, and hopefully some Naked Necks and Show Girls or Silkies, from a generous friend in WV. I just hope the kids can keep off the temp controls on the bators! They were very excited when I spoke with all 3 classes when I dropped the incubators off at school. This is the best way to support how kids learn about animals and the wonders of nature. Fewer and fewer kids grow up on farms every year or experience these simple awe inspiring events.

Victor iowa here. (Half way between Des Moines and Cedar Rapids . ) anybody close?
Not too far. about 40 min north near Belle Plaine.

17 out of 20 hatched. 2 of the late hatchers seem to have leg problems and will most likely be culled. The next hatch will be pheasants and maybe some more of my eggs. Not sure when the teacher will be getting those eggs, he wants a hatch before the end of school. Three of the kindergarten classes will be hatching around the
16th. I don't know if they will have webcams? More of my eggs, Iowa Blues thanks to Kari, and hopefully some Naked Necks and Show Girls or Silkies, from a generous friend in WV. I just hope the kids can keep off the temp controls on the bators! They were very excited when I spoke with all 3 classes when I dropped the incubators off at school. This is the best way to support how kids learn about animals and the wonders of nature. Fewer and fewer kids grow up on farms every year or experience these simple awe inspiring events.
Good hatch! I'm glad they get to do it. It was one of my favorite things in school.

Does anyone on here happen to know who the guy is that sells great numbers of baby chicks at the Waverly swap? If I remember correctly he sold them out of the back of a very large white trailer. He was not there this time I don't believe I don't know the guys name. I believe his hatchery was some place in eastern Iowa if I'm not mistaken. I bought broilers from him last year and they were very nice...want some again this year if I can find him.

I have 3 1/2 doz assorted purebred eggs that I have collected over the last 4 days if anybody is interested in filling up there bator.
I have 15 lav. ameracauna, 13 BLRW, 4 Marraduna Basque, 5 RIR, 1 lav. orp
If you! can come get them by tomorrow I will make you a deal on the whole lot of them!
PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom