IA here

Pics
I am not certain Mother, what I'm looking for in a bantam cochin, other than one that will be broody in a month or two. Can only get one. I like the mottled, the splash and blues. Columbians are nice too. This breeder has some of each in the price range and quality I am looking for. If I pick one up on Friday, I'll post a pic of her.

Other news. Had one more baby serama last night. One due tomorrow then I'm done for awhile!

We recently bought a couple of pygmy goats the doe is suppose to be bred but if she isn't was wanting to know if anyone around Cedar Rapids/Dubuque Iowa area has a pygmy buck I could breed her with next spring?
Thanks
Melissa

I have a pgymy goat you can have. He is four years old. I do have a picture if you want to see. We live 45 minutes south of Dubuque. He does like to come up to you and push you. He starts pushing harder. He would not be one as a pet for children. Let me know.

If no one here has one I'd check craigslist. If you can't find it on Craigslist they don't have it, lol.

Hows the weather your way? It was rain and sleet here lastnight, then snowed on top of that.

I am not sure that my DH would let us have another one, I was just hoping for someone who I could take my girl too or even bring here for a month. That is what the people we got these two from do. If you have a pic Momof3 post it maybe DH would change his mind. I don't know. Do they really stink like I have heard?

The weather here has sucked alot! we got at least 6 in of snow thursday night-Friday morning. Then saturday we got another 2-4 inches and now it is blowing everywhere!. Our neighbors brought there skidloader over on Friday and plowed out our whole drive way but you can't even tell now.

How do you use craigslist? I have never looked there for anything I will check that out.
Melissa

Quote:
I love craigslist!! www.craigslist.com then click Iowa, and pick which city is closest to you. They have a farm/garden section that most people put their livestock up for sale in. You can also post a wanted ad letting people know your intersted in breeding your goat and see if you have any replies from people with male goats to "borrow". It's free and so easy!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

We have had two male goats. One smells bad(this is the one we still have) and the other one had a faint odor. The one we have is named Revel. Boy goats do some pretty disgusting things well at least what a human thinks is disgusting. We are wanting to find him a new home because I can only breed him to one of our females. I'll see about getting the picture on.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom