IA here

Pics
Yep I got Ideal and sandhill catalogs. Thinking about ordering some buff chantecler pullets from ideal as the ones I got from sandhill last year are beautiful, they turned out to be all Roosters, right Claire?

Hi,
I'm in Troy Mills, Ia and am just getting into chickens.

Momof3... my neighbor raises peafowl. I think he has white ones. Let me know if you'd like to get a hold of him. He also has a huge dairy goat operation and is selling kids pretty cheap. I just bought 3 doelings from him.

I used to do the swap thing when I raised rabbits. I'll be doing it again this year. Can't wait, I missed it!

Burlington and Waverly were my fav's. Walker swaps were usually more of a social gathering than anything else.
frow.gif
I live a few minutes away from Walker, and don't know if they even still have swaps.
hu.gif

anyway, this is a fun site to lurk on! I've been getting some great ideas for a brooder.

Welcome to BYC Flash! I am sure things will become a bit more active as the weather warms up, and people begin ordering more chicks.. Do let us know what kind of birds you are planning to get!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have my heart set on black australorps. I also want some bantys but don't want to buy 30 of them from Murray McMurrey. So those will wait.

You know...they have all sorts of breeds of bantams.
big_smile.png

If only someone in Iowa had bantams for sale...

I'm posting about a new sale in Kalona Iowa.

I love Kalona. Every time I go to a horse sale down there, I always have to stop and get some squeeky cheese curds!

I love Banty's but don't want to buy 30 of them! I'm sure I'll come across some eggs to hatch out at a swap or something.

Flash and Hi Wren... Haven't heard from you in a while. It is too early to tell for sure but, I may have access to some blue bantam cochin eggs. Is there any interest?

Back
Top Bottom