IA here

Huh...nevermind, I guess my 4 x 8 run isn't too bad - I was looking through the gallery of other peoples Medium coops and the ones with attached runs are WAY smaller then what we built.

YAY!

I'm guessing as long as they have room to run safely during the day and outside time before bed we should be good
big_smile.png

Not to mention this thing (the run) is going to be super safe and sturdy. Takes a load off my mind (I'm a worry wart LOL).

Here's a few pics from today's build:

Staining posts -

Roof beams -

Building the framing -

Wow, you weren't joking when you said you were building a tank of a run! Nobody will be able to say you half-assed it, that's for sure!

Here's my coop(needs paint) and run.
And some funny pics after my brother and I put leg bands on chickens last night.
Penny and Margo
Frodo, Sultan, and Woodstock
and Frodo the chicken hat!

Frodo! That's a cool name
smile.png
and very fashionable hat lol

Very nice coop! I like the little stairs leading up to it. I'm gonna have to do at least one step with mine I think....I'm too darn short

Wow, you weren't joking when you said you were building a tank of a run! Nobody will be able to say you half-assed it, that's for sure!
Aww thank you Gryphon
big_smile.png
I'll tell my hubby, it's his brain child...he said it's turning out just like he thought it was - he's great at building things when he does. Me on the other hand, I'm just a good foreman LOL

I live maybe150 or more miles east of Exira, I doubt there would be too much problem having chickens there. It's a small Iowa town about half way between Des Moines & Omaha, with about 850 population. Probably not much more than a mile or two wide in any direction. Small Iowa towns are generally farm communities, farm friendly, & farm orientated. You might GOOGLE Exira, IA & discuss it with the cities fathers.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom