IA here

Pics
Wren: I have a golden laced I would get rid of. I'm not to far from ya. He is 4 mo. and already stands out as a big man. Legs are huge and getting his roo feathering. Not crowing yet but my old hens let him roost with him.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm getting purebreds.

very cool, I'll talk to hubby and see if he'll have a coronary if I get a few more hens.. I said I was done but that was before all my EE's started laying pink.
tongue.png

Quote:
I'm getting purebreds.

very cool, I'll talk to hubby and see if he'll have a coronary if I get a few more hens.. I said I was done but that was before all my EE's started laying pink.
tongue.png

I'll keep you in mind. I'll be hitting swaps this year so may be able to meet you at one if you decide to buy from me. They will be young by the first swap, but should be old enough by then to tell the roo's from hens.

Quote:
tongue.png

I'll keep you in mind. I'll be hitting swaps this year so may be able to meet you at one if you decide to buy from me. They will be young by the first swap, but should be old enough by then to tell the roo's from hens.

That would be great! If you think of me before the first swap pm mail me... I'll try to remember to pm you.. but I'm flakey..
wink.png

I talked to hubby today, and he rolled his eyes. Told me I better find buyers for my eggs....

Hello Iowa chicken people!
I am from Wisconsin, but will be traveling in Iowa next week - going through Dubuque, Davenport, Iowa City - actually, I am going to West Liberty, then on to Newton. Anyways, I have two broody hens who would love some nice eggs to sit on. I was going to have some mailed, but thought I would see if anyone down there would have some I could pick up. Let me know - I am looking for standards, dual-purpose.......

Any one want to a golden laced waydonette roo? I have two now and I don't need the other one. They are great looking roo's and I don't really want to get rid of them but I live in town and I can't have all those roo's crowing. I bought the eggs from another BYC'er and for what I can see they are great birds with great feathering and legs look great on them. I guess I should say he because I want to keep one for breeding. He is not crowing yet about 4 mo. old. So far he seems nice and has been handled. My big hens have already taken to him so he must be a "good" boy.

Quote:

That would be great! If you think of me before the first swap pm mail me... I'll try to remember to pm you.. but I'm flakey..
wink.png

I talked to hubby today, and he rolled his eyes. Told me I better find buyers for my eggs....

I'll let you know when I can tell the roos from the pullets.

Hi everybody,

I just joined and I live in Tipton, IA (Eastern Iowa - about halfway between Davenport and Iowa City) I have been raising chickens for almost 2 years and I have about 200 birds, peafowl and guineas included. I have Barred Rock, Welsummers, Buff Orpingtons, RI Reds, Australorps, Ameraucanas, GL Polish, SL Polish, Giant Partridge Cochin, some mutt bantams, a pair of black/blue Cochin Bantams, a couple of Wyondottes and a couple of Brahmas. And I have Lt. Brahmas, more Welsummer, more Buff Orpingtons, and White Rocks coming next week. I also just received Silkie eggs today that will go in the incubator tommorow. So I think I've come to the right place. People who love chickens as much as I do.

Shelley
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom