IA here

Hi! I'm near Cedar Rapids and have 5 girls I purchased last year (you're right, they are so much fun! And they help keep the bugs down on our little hobby farm). I got 6 more this year (3 are the little bantams) what did you get?

Hi! I'm near Cedar Rapids and have 5 girls I purchased last year (you're right, they are so much fun! And they help keep the bugs down on our little hobby farm). I got 6 more this year (3 are the little bantams) what did you get?

I have 6 ameraucana
3 black tailed white japanese
2 black marans
3 RIR
4 rir/ameraucana
2 cayuga ducks
1 bronze breasted turkey

The iowa thread is pretty quiet haha but I'll post anyway, I live outside of badger (north of fort dodge) I'm new to the chicken world my birds are about 3 months old

4 RIR
3 silkie bantams
1 BR roo (ringo Starr)

I'm going to hatch some of the eggs I get and thought about getting a turkey or two. .

Last edited:
Quote: still have 6 ameraucana
sold 2 BTWJ so i'm now down to 1
sold the marans
have the 3 rir still have only 2 rir/am crosses
still have the ducks
the turkey was butchered

my whole list of birds right now is
6 ameraucana
3 rir
1 black tailed white japanese
1 leghorn
2 SLW
1 SLpolish
2 rir/ameraucana cross
2 cayuga ducks

I hatched and sold alot of chicks and was able to pay off this years entire food bill
woot.gif

Hi all!
1f642.png

I would love to get a bunch of Salmon Favorelles this coming Spring. I'm close to Sandhill Preservation but unsure of their quality and a little concerned about getting straight run. Has anyone gotten Salmon Favorelles from them? Or does anyone know of someone who breeds them? In a perfect world I'd get a bunch of pullets and one roo. And of course, they'd be the lovely cream color I admire!
1f609.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Hello fellow Iowans! We live near Central City (north of Cedar Rapids). Purchased 8 pullets from Hoovers in April (via Interstate Grain). All were very healthy and did great. Unfortunately lost my only EE to a hawk at 16 wks. It actually went into the run under the coop to get to her (they were out free ranging). She was a beautiful bird. I didn't want to introduce only one new one to the group so chicken math took over and got two Iowa Blues. My little flock is now composed of 3 RIR, 3 BR, 1 BO, and 2 IA Blues. Love the variety and some day hope to have another EE. Have really enjoyed the BYC site.

Hello, Iowa!

I am looking for a Easter Egger pullet just about to or just started laying. I bought two this spring and lost one to a tragedy. I love this little girl she is about 19 weeks and would love to have another. I am located in central Iowa. Please let me know if you have one you could part with. Thanks.

Hi all!
1f642.png

I would love to get a bunch of Salmon Favorelles this coming Spring. I'm close to Sandhill Preservation but unsure of their quality and a little concerned about getting straight run. Has anyone gotten Salmon Favorelles from them? Or does anyone know of someone who breeds them? In a perfect world I'd get a bunch of pullets and one roo. And of course, they'd be the lovely cream color I admire!
1f609.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
they are fairly easy to tell apart once their feathers start coming in, if I were you I would just find someone who would take your extra roos, I have a neighbor that takes mine off my hands for me if they aren't great quality the better quality ones go to a friends farm where I can still pick them up to show them at the fair. if you go that way you just have to remember not to get too attached.

I'm looking for several birds preferably within an hrs drive of Oskaloosa, Ia or shipped.

2 cayuga duck females, minimal white feathers if possible-
would like to have a 6-9 month old range on those two, younger and older work fine as well

a pair or trio of white call ducks, minimal black feathers please

seramas A or B size

12 each of Texas A&M quail, and Jumbo coturnix

1 small breed heritage turkey female- would like a chick, or young bird

Willing to trade 2 RIR hens (current age is about 16 months), I will have silverlaced wyandotte eggs this spring, and possibly some ameraucana eggs as well this spring (took out my older roo, and kept his son and he is still growing out), (the breeds would be separate no worries about mixed breeds)

send me a pm if you have anything

Back
Top Bottom