IA here

Anyone interested in a Welsummer cockerel? I'm hoping someone in Iowa will want him, I don't like the whole shipping thing :eek: He's almost a year and is an AWESOME roo, but he's been challenging our head BO roo and I don't want one of them to end up dead and I really don't want to cull him, he's such a good boy with the hens :( I wouldn't want money just a good home :)
Here's a pic, his wattles and comb are wonky from a little frostbite that's still healing, but he's beautiful! His name is Lars <3

And here's a better one from fall, better lighting

He is gorgeous! Wish we could have one in town.

@blmcdbug Thank you! Yeah he's a beauty and has a great disposition, I hate to have to cull him :( This is the sucky part of having chickens. I really hoped the two boys would get along and coexist...but that's a no go :(

For those of you in Eastern IA who might be interested, Interstate Grain in Center Point is having a Chicken Chat workshop with Twain Lockhart on March 7th at 6:30pm! It is free and they provide food and snacks. Went last year to listen to him, Twain Lockhart was a lot of fun to listen too and very knowledgeable. They give out coupons for Nutrena chicken feed as well. Interstate Grains Chick Day is in April, they get their chicks from Hoover Hatchery. They sold out (I think it was 900 or 1000 chicks) in one day last year. I got my chicks from them last year and they did fantastic. Got them the same day they hatched.

I went to a Theisens poultry seminar/workshop just to listen to the discussion and maybe meet other chicken fanatics. Long story short, I was the only one in attendance, had no questions, and went home loaded down with freebies and ten cornish x chicks...

Yeah, they even had a registration thing online to ensure people would get saved a spot (It claimed spots may be limited, but I think other stores may have been busier.)

I have four roosters and four Rouen Drakes for sale if anyone is interested please pm me. No females.

Hello All, I am a newbie to the Chicken World! In January I decided to buy 2 two month old Rhode Island red pullets and in february decided to get 28 one week old white leghorn chicks ( Brave or Crazy? ) . I live in Des Moines, Iowa. I am Married and have two children. I do not know what prompted me in to being a chicken momma? And now I have added to my flock, I have 20 cornish rock broilers, 10 more RIR, 10 barred rock, two "Giant" Cochin one white one Black and two wellsummers. And will definitely be adding to the collection. Buff orpingtons and Delawares are next on my list. Oh yeah I also have a broody banty, and a Sweater hatch American Game Rooster and his hen and also 2 more rooster which idk what kind they are. My husband got these other three roos in october. I will post pics. There are a lot of Iowans with chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom