IA here

Shout out to Iowa!
We do exist! I'm from Albia. Clear down south central.
I have several RIR, Amercauna, two black and whites, and a Houdini. I'm trying to figure out what breeds they are.
I'm looking for clubs or anyone close so we can chat about our feathered friends.

Hi! I'm from Monroe, IA, S of Prairie City! I got these yesterday, (There chicks) 5 barred rocks, 5 speckled sussex, 5 black australops! Then i have 7 Easter Eggers! 3 of them of them are almost 2 months old! The 4 are almost 2 yrs old! They lay really good!:) It's nice to see all these Iowa people on BYC!
wink.png

only 8 hatched and wouldn't you know it 6 are male. go figure. They're growing fast.
I got myself 18 coturnix quail eggs in the bator. I only wanted 6 eggs :/  but... well you know how it goes.  Due to hatch April 12/13.
I love quail eggs! :love  

Anyone else here raise quail?

I got myself 18 coturnix quail eggs in the bator. I only wanted 6 eggs :/  but... well you know how it goes.  Due to hatch April 12/13.

I love quail eggs! :love  

Anyone else here raise quail?

OMG I wanted Quails and husband said to try the chickens first and then we will see. Good Luck!
1f642.png

Thanks, I've hatched  them before, pretty easy going.  Someday, I want a pair of California Valley and snowflake bobwhite. But you can't beat the corturnix for being great egg layers and having several hens with one roo in the same cage. I love eating bite size eggs. :) Good Luck with your chickens and welcome to BYC.

Last edited:
We raise quail! Georgia jumbos! We only have 9, but I have eggs under one of my chickens so fingers crossed+

We raise quail! Georgia jumbos! We only have 9, but I have eggs under one of my chickens so fingers crossed+
Yay! more Iowa quail people.
I would like some Bobwhite's someday. I love their looks and call. How do you keep them during breeding season 1:1?
I hope your chicken will do a great job hatching and raising them.

Back
Top Bottom