IA here

Pics
didn't go to walker this morning and now regretting it. can't go to aurora -- have to help at the church on the 19th... what to do with too many roosters and unwanted banties -- darn hatchery mix up

Glad to hear everyone made it through the storms ok...we've just finished up clearing downed trees/limbs and debris...and re-staking tomato plants! Power is back on but now something is wonky with the a/c.

Am wondering if Clay's family is ok...couldn't connect with him yesterday.

Your talk of sweet corn is mouth watering - everything is very late here in Far East Iowa (IL)...there are permanent 'lakes' in many fields.

a shot of the barnyard hangout
smile.png

Catherine
2363767405_9ff8d18e89.jpg

Wow, I'm glad everyone made it through the storms. We had mostly rain. 3 1/2 inches one day and two days later the same amount. The only thing happy outside was the ducks and geese. The chicken house has more leaks in it now. At least one side of it stays dry. Our basement is wet and stinks.

Cassie I was at Burlington. I saw you from a distance. We got there by 7am. It was a miracle. Though this time it wouldn't of mattered what time we got there, there were lots of places to park.

We sold our goat, all our ducks, all the roosters and two pullets. The ducks sold for 2.00 a piece and the roosters went for 2.00 also. The pullets I sold for 5.00. I'm so happy to have less to feed. The only thing I brought back home were bantam chicks.

There was a guy from Lamont Iowa there. He had lots and lots of chicks. When we left he still had lots. I was tempted to buy a blue silkie rooster from him but resisted. The last of my blue orpington/salmon faverolles are hatching. So the incubator will be put away. Sad day.

Hey all, is there a web site or a list of poultry swaps or auctions in and around Iowa? (South central?)

From what I read it looks like a few in eastern Iowa.... Can anyone help?

Don't know about a list but heres a few I know of comming up....

July 19 Aurora City Park
Aug 9 Walker Sales Barn
Aug 16 Aurora City Park
Sept13 Walker Sales Barn
Sept20 Aurora City Park
Sept 26 Maquoketa Fairgrounds (NICE BIG SALE)
sept 27 Waverly Fairgrounds (HUGE SALE)
Oct 4 Masonville by the Elevator
Oct 11 Walker Sales Barn
Oct 18 Aurora Park

Anyone wants contact #s PM me

Quote:
I saw you also from a distance. It was a very long day. As I got no sleep. We tried to sleep before we left and the neighbors were having a huge drunken party and doing fireworks all night long. Then when we got there there was highway noise, roosters crowing, and the guy next to us had guineas that made noise all morning long. I got there at 2 am as they told us the month before they were turning people away as there was no space. I sold some ducks, a rooster, some tools, ect. I only bought 1 rabbit. I bartered for a crested duck
smile.png
I had wanted one of them forever. I won't be going there that early again. There was plenty of space and I didn't see them turning people away due to lack of space.

Back
Top Bottom