IA here

Pics
welcome to iowa
smile.png

hope you enjoy the cool weather... what made you come north?

Well, welcome to Iowa! I've followed more than one of your threads.

So what brings you to our great state?

Don't let this cool weather fool you. It's usually stingin' hot and humid this time of year. I'm not complaining though. Canning this weekend will be so much more comfortable. So will the riding lesson I'll be giving!

Anyone ever been to the sale barn in Story City, IA?

Do you guys know what the laws are in Iowa for selling eggs and keeping chickens?

Also, I have a speckled sussex roo and a hen, 16 weeks, that I am looking to sell or trade to a good home or a good table!

And finally, if I wanted to process the meat from my chickens, but don't want to do it myself, where could I take them to get them killed/plucked/dressed?

I'm in the Story City area. Thanks.

Quote:
While you are here, here are some Must Do's:
1. Sweet corn on the cob slathered in butter
2. Pork chop -- must be 2" thick, juicy, wonderful
3. Steal Clay's blue chickens.

Be nice........ I've been known to rehome extras for free.... to people I like that is....
tongue.png

Anyone need a couple EE/Ameracauna cockerels? Hatched 3/19/09. Quad Cities area.

Red in color with shiny black in the tail feathers. Free range currently, healthy, not crowing yet. Haven't been handled a lot, but not mean, either.

I already have 2 roos, and don't need these two, and really don't have the heart (or lack therof) to make them into stew.

Quote:
Whoa - those are awfully pretty birds, Clay!

Have worked outside all day - cannot believe this weather...the flock has been enjoying a breakfast buffet of japanese beetles....

I've been to a couple for horse sales at "Ron's Sale Barn" in Story City. They were on the small side, horses didn't sell for too much. But no horses are selling for much unless you've got them going really well under saddle. I've got a pretty good technique for starting youngsters under saddle BTW.
wink.png

I live out in the country, so don't keep up on the laws for keeping chickens and selling eggs. I just do it. He he.

The Urbana Poultry Processing plant is closing 12/31/09. The regulations are changing and they are closing their doors. Another instance of the government shutting down the little guy. The letter I received from the UPP stated that due to regulation changes, it's no longer legal to sell the birds they process.

Quote:

Quote:
While you are here, here are some Must Do's:
1. Sweet corn on the cob slathered in butter
2. Pork chop -- must be 2" thick, juicy, wonderful
3. Steal Clay's blue chickens.

Be nice........ I've been known to rehome extras for free.... to people I like that is....
tongue.png

Suddenly on my **best** behavior. (Don't worry, cannot possibly last long.)

Back
Top Bottom