IA here

Pics
Usually do the vendor thing at Indianola farmer's market on Saturday. Got so busy pulling carrots this morning, I missed it. DARN! that's what pays for my chicken feed.

Now I have 5 gallons of carrots, 5 gallons of cukes, zucchini, tomatoes- red and green, pumpkins (yesss pumpkins), green beans and spagetti squash, and no place to sell it all until at least Monday! I am just kicking myself too, they had the Sprintcar Nationals in Knoxville this weekend...I can just imagine the great turnout I missed at Farmer's Market there today.
roll.png

Any Iowans interested in 3 Old German Owl pigeons, they are very sweet, but I just don't have the time for them. Have a bonded pair and one of their babies that is about 2 mos old.

walker was awesome today -- pheasants, blue slate turkeys, quail, guineas, call ducks and rabbits -- none of which came home with me!

i finally got those packing peanut roosters a new home, i really didn't want to butcher them otherwise they would have been gone sooner

its a good day
cool.png

wow - nasty storms moved thru our area this afternoon, hard to believe the beautiful morning turned into something so bad. over 3 inches of rain and a tree fell onto the road at the inlaws, some wet critters and tipped over sunflowers but otherwise things are ok here... hope all is well elsewhere for everyone.

Hi all. I haven't been on here in ages. I've got broodies hatching out babies everywhere
smile.png
The hay meadow was mowed today. Missed Burlington but it would have been so hot. I gave all the horses and goats a cool-down bath today. The ducks all got some extra tubs of water to play in besides their normal one that's always out so they could stay cool. Good thing for the wind here or it would just be awful. The chickens are all hiding in the barn and under any shade they can find. They liked to relax in the hay meadow but since it got mowed today there is no shade for them there. I trapped a stray mother cat and all of her kittens that somehow found their way into my barn. The momma cat sadly killed a few baby chicks and a duckling before I got her caught. I found her and 4 of her 6 kittens new homes. I am keeping 2 of the kittens as barn cats and they will be fixed so they won't have kittens themselves. Other than that not much has been going on.

Hope everyone survived last nights storms with not too much damage. We got a lot of lightning and a little wind and rain.

Last edited:
Puttin a shout out about

A little over a month to the Eastern Iowa Bird Swap in Maquoketa Iowa Sat. Sept 19th 7-11am at the Jackson County Fair Ground. Bring you whole brood.

We had a great turn out for our spring swap lets do it again.

Anyone have some Buff Orps from good stock (not from a hatchery ) that are producing pure bred fertile eggs? I have a hen done gone broody on me. I figure as long as she is already broody I might as well give her something to do. And I was looking to eventually get Buffs anyway.

Just thought I'd see if anyone was going to the state fair this year? I think I'm going on Saturday the 15th as that is when the poultry show is - so all the critters will still be there. Last year when I went half of them had been taken home already.

I also have some mohawk chicks if anyone wants them. There are 4 - about 6 weeks old. I can post pictures if anyone is interested.

Two are d'uccleX showgirl, the other two should be frizzle cochin X showgirl. None are naked neck and only one is silkie feathered.

Anyone interested in some nice serama's I have a trio and quad available. Make me an offer, there is pics in the for sale section.

3793269985_cd8b6e38df.jpg

****news flash****

Lucky crowed this morning!!! He's hard to catch in a photo - a real speedy -

his 'voice' is a bit hoarse...ragged even....but he's definitely crowing. Clay, I think you said he was born in April 09? And he's getting so big...

proud chicken mama

Catherine

Back
Top Bottom