IA here

Pics
This is probably a dumb question? I'm not usually a fair goer.
wink.png
I would like to check out the poultry. Do they show the birds everyday the fair goes on?

Quote:
No, unfortunately they do not. The first day is the 4-H poultry day, then the awards for 4-H are Friday morning. The open poultry show is the first Sat/Sunday of the Fair. The barn is shared with rabbits, so it will fill this week/weekend with rabbits.

Darn.. I'm glad I asked. We were in Des Moines yesterday at Adventureland but my daughter got sick and we had to go home early. Guess I'll just have to wait until SE Poultry show to see some chickens.
wink.png

Hello everyone!

A good friend of ours is looking for ducks and I told him I would try to help find some for him.
He wants Mallards and Call ducks. Does anyone around here have any babies, juvies or adults available? They would be going to a good home. We had planned to give him some of our calls but only had four of 24 hatch so would like to keep them if possible.

Thanks You can pm me if you have any available!
Melissa

I can hear the crickets singing.... What's going on everyone? Haven't heard anything in a couple days.... Does anyone know of a Flemish Giant rabbit breeder in their area? We are looking for a new buck. PM me with any info.
bun.gif

Quote:
Did you find him on Craig's list? I saw a similar mix advertised there....was very tempted but wasnt sure I had the time for a puppy this year. he is adorable. And should be a good watch dog.

Quote:
Did you find him on Craig's list? I saw a similar mix advertised there....was very tempted but wasnt sure I had the time for a puppy this year. he is adorable. And should be a good watch dog.

Yes we did find him on Craigslist. We drove 3 hrs to get him. As we were leaving with him and got onto the interstate you would of thought we were torching him. The barking whining was awful. My dh and I just looked at each other. We thought it was going to be a long ride home. But then one of the kids put him up to the window and he was fine. I guess he just wanted to see out.

I will get pictures of the hen and chicks. They are in our barn due to the puppy. I can't trust him alone with them.

Back
Top Bottom