IA here

Pics
Quote:
We didn't get there until around 11:30. I still want some of every breed (well maybe not white leghorns or white plymoth rocks). Someone was selling a lavendar LF americauna roo. They didn't have a price on him but it sure was tempting. I just don't need another roo.

Thanks to the Mr. of mrandmrschickens I did bring home one little serama chick. S/he is now warm and cozy in a 10 gal fish tank in my daughters room. My husband rolled his eyes and said "So what hen are we gonna give that to - its not living inside." He lost. We will keep you and your sons updated on HER progression.

Sorry that I didn't get to see anyone else there
sad.png
Maybe next year or maybe we could have a BYC picnic this summer or something.

I went to the show. It was so crowded. I was looking at some sale birds and really thinking of buying them but some guy was so rude that I just left without a thing. I was there from 11:00-11:30 it wasn't much fun because you couldn't walk though any of the narrow aisles without being in anyone's way. I saw the lavendar LF americauna roo. It didn't have a price on it. And by that time the rude people had totally turned me off so I didn't bother finding out who to ask about him.

We must have just crossed each others paths. I was gonna find out about the splash silkies and the splash bantam cochins but I really need to do some number reductions here first.

I agree it was crowded and LOUD. I have a head cold that has settled in my right ear and everything was all echoing.

The little turd serama chick is doing good and eating me out of house and home. She's lucky she is cute.

I must have just left when you came. Darn. That would be a great idea to get together sometime. I do agree. Too crowded and then the guy selling stuff that I was looking at kept grabbing me inappropriately.
hmm.png
We did see some nice birds and I think Syd really enjoyed seeing all the different breeds. The cochins were beautiful. I did talk to Hilltop Silkie lady about getting some white silkies in the spring.

It was quite crowded in there. They had more sales coops and entrants than ever before and really had a difficult time setting things up properly. I have never seen so many waterfowl! omg! And yes, some of the folks were grumpy... one pair cause they think they are the darlings of the shows and did not win a thing. I had to chuckle when I see those people get beat by a guy that won in every category for the first time ever and is a really humble guy. But the biggest complaints was the over crowding. They try not to double stack the coops but sometimes that is better especially for the bantams that don't need a tall coop.
Coop out was kind of a fiasco (sp). People were not listening to the proper instructions and started to remove their birds before they were permitted to. It caused a minor stink. They will not release the birds until they double check all prizes and rewards to make sure everything was proper and everyone got what they won. Makes sense to me. the other problem is, the sound system really sucks!
Well, time for me to go get some free corn! 8 buckets full. I know some girls that are gonna have some nice orange yolks!

Thats a fantastic name for he/she! The way h/s would put his tiny wings out made him look bigger than he was! Not to mention the colors. We will anxiously await updates. Hoped he has quieted down somewhat. He was a peeper especially when he wanted your attention or to be held. Don't forget, his Dad was either BB or RB at the show.

ETA: I just read the comment about "the little turd Serama chick"! That was funny.

Last edited:
Any of you Iowans want a free roo????? I have a couple that need homes. I posted on CL. One is a good looking silkie X d'uccle. Already a studmuffin just like his papa. His ugly step-brother is ummm interesting to look at. He could be a good conversation starter about chicken genetics and how they can go wrong. He actually has a real laid back personality and the best feathered feet around.

Mr. Ugly ( I actually kind of like this guy - he grows on you)

DSCN1608.jpg

Blue Roo:

DSCN1614.jpg

Wow... Mr. Ugly sure is..... interesting!! Wish I could help, but I have 2 too many roos as it is. Unfortunatley they're all pretty and I like them! Fortunately, so far, they don't gang up on my girls too much - helps that everyone is free range.

Have I got a Christmas present for that special person on your list..... wow.....
Two six-week old Welsummer roosters.
Think of that person who keeps giving you a chia-pet every year.... Have you got them a gift yet?

Back
Top Bottom