IA here

Nope never been there - will work for me, I'm easy! Where is it... NM I mapquested it.

My chickens have been cleaning out their own coop this week, I mucked out the poop, but they have been tossing hay out into the yard like no other ever since it got nice out. There are also spots where it looks like they are trying to dig their way to China. I took the water out of the coop at night since that is when it was getting spilled and making the hay wet. I kept it right by the door outside so they didn't have to go far to get it. Only my one roo has a lot of frostbite damage on his comb and wattles. Mike will probably have to dub them this spring they are so bad. Some of my d'uccles have lost their beard feathers though. They get wet, freeze and then fall off.

Last edited:
I still have my seramas available, 2 trios. Make me an offer, we can work something out. I want them to go to good homes otherwise they will be going to the waverly swap in april.

I am getting excited for spring already this year. I am planning on going to many more swaps then last year and was wondering when and where the first swaps are. Also any other information. I have only gone to the Maquoketa swap so far and look forward to more.

Urgh...if you were only closer I would be SOOOO tempted! Not that I need another roo, but BLRWs are sooo pretty and have been thinking of trying to start these up!

Quote:
You could meet PBJmaker and I for lunch on Saturday at Mimi's cafe! You drive that far, I'll buy lunch.
Really- I can hang onto him for awhile if you are serious about wanting him. Huge rooster. I can send you a pic if you'd like. His coloring is very fantastic.
I'm just up to my ears in diff breeds now: Welsummer, Buckeyes coming in April, Wheaton marans, BC marans, and last year's variety pack from McMurray.

Where is Mimi's? Go ahead adn send a pic and get me more tempted....
big_smile.png

Quote:
Mimi's Cafe is located on George Mills Civic parkway in West Des Moines, a literal hop/skip off of Interstate 35 and within sight of Jordan Creek Mall (the new mall!). PBJ and I are meeting for our own personal chicken/egg swap, and just to get to know one another better. We swapped eggs last year, and in return she brought me 4 mallards including the autistic duck Buckette. She's the comedy on my farm now.

Here's a pic of the BLRW. He was running toward the treats, and I've cropped the pic to show mostly only him. It's a movement pic, and not very good. I'll try to get you a better one. He has a lovely red outlined by the blue.
23790_blrw.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom