IA here

We had alot of fun at the swap yesterday! We sold everything we brought except a few baby roosters and one rabbit.
Made more then I spent and came home with a beautiful peacock, two show quality red laced cornish chicks and some baby ducks. Sold 5 of my call duck babies and now there moms are not happy! We had to lock them up in a rabbit cage last night (tried putting them into a 8' pen after we clipped there wings and they still managed to get out!) because they keep trying to get to the ducklings in the garage. I am afraid that they will kill the ones who they didn't hatch. How long till they forget? I feel sorry for them being caged up. And our drake is more confused then he was when they were broody in the garage!

Trish - what color are your EE's? Our's is a pretty gold and blue but she hasn't been laying at all anymore and I need her to make olive eggs
sad.png

The two chicks I have ever got from her are Chubby Bubby who now resides at Mrandmrschickens house and a solid black olive egger (named Black Bubby)
Mom is of course Bubby.

What a busy weekend it was. Burlington was fun. It was changed from years past with less people being space hogs and fewer junk and puppy dealers than there had been in the past. I sold all 7 of my hens that I took and came home with no new chickens. I did get two beautiful pigeons though from a cute little girl who was selling them with her grandparents. Someone stole a kitten from a lady that was beside us selling them. I can't believe there are only 2 weeks until the next Burlington swap. Maquoketa was awesome also. Two swap meets in one weekend sure wears you out though.

I'm planning to attend the next burlington swap and I can't wait! I think they are as addictive as the birds themselves. We live in Illinois, just right on the border so most of the Iowa swaps are closer then any I've found yet in Illinois.

Quote:
What kind of hens did you sell?

3 Black Australorp, 1 Buff Buff Minorca Chicken, 1 Barred Rock/Cochin, and 2 unknown cross barnyard mixes. I just had way too many hens. I would have loved to keep them but we were getting 20 eggs a day and can't eat that many eggs.

Aww, I wish I would have known you had BA's and Buff Minorcas!!!! I would have bought them from you.
Quote:
What kind of hens did you sell?

3 Black Australorp, 1 Buff Buff Minorca Chicken, 1 Barred Rock/Cochin, and 2 unknown cross barnyard mixes. I just had way too many hens. I would have loved to keep them but we were getting 20 eggs a day and can't eat that many eggs.

Quote:

That's ok. Those were the only ones I had. I got them in a hatchery assortment last summer. The chick I got from you is doing great. She is hanging out in the brooder with some younger chicks I already had. She doesn't seem to be picking on them at all
smile.png

Glad to hear it! That chick is from my neighbor actually, that couldn't make it. She was still milking goats when I went over there in the morning. I didn't have any left to sell, so I took the remainder of her last hatch. We had her in with day old chicks and she was fine too.
smile.png
Going to the 5/2 swap in Burlington?

Quote:

That's ok. Those were the only ones I had. I got them in a hatchery assortment last summer. The chick I got from you is doing great. She is hanging out in the brooder with some younger chicks I already had. She doesn't seem to be picking on them at all
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom