IA here

If I can get my d'uccles looking a little better I think I will bring them to sell plus the chicks that should hatch on the 26th - 28th. I wonder how I could keep them warm though - think they will be OK if the weather is decent?

My d'uccles are molting and one is broody so she is missing the feathers in her broody patch.
roll.png

I will have to look at my book 50 Great Iowa Walks to see if there is a trail I can check off near Burlington.

Last edited:
When we bring chicks, if there is enough of them, they are fine in a small box. We use chick crumbles for bedding most of the time. If it's too cold, we put a sign out stating what we have and leave them in the vehicle. This last swap, we started using a clear, plastic storage bin that was about 5" high, drilled 3/4" holes in each end. That worked perfect, customers were still able to see them and they were sheltered from the elements.

What color are you D'Uccles? How old and how many do you have?

Quote:

I have mille fleur d'uccles. They are all hens. I have two that will be 2 July 1st and 2 that are their daughters that are about 1. The daughters have a half sister that is d'uccle X serama and looks like a washed out d'uccle. Her name is Peaches. I can't tell who is who though - so not sure who is older and who is younger. They all still lay well though. I'd like to sell them as a group if I can since they are kind of their own mini flock within the flock.

We are only offering chicks at this time. Colors are White, B/B/S, and buff. Coming soon, Partridge and assorted colors of Showgirls. Chicks are $3 each.

Quote:

How old are the white silkie? Any '09 hatch..thats what she would prefer. Also looking for black silkies

Last edited:
We took baby call ducks, 1week old, to Maquoketa we bought these little feet warmer things and stuck them to the sides of the box on two sides. the ducklings would go near it to warm up and could move away to cool off. it worked great! We also left them in the car though and just hung up a sign saying they where there.

Melissa

Just a note to the interested.....
A person from SE IA posted on the Buckeye thread that she has some LF, SQ Buckeyes, for sale. Username "Ryu". I would suggest if anyone is even considering these birds to snatch them up ASAP! There is an exception... they may be already sold. Folks are willing to drive 5 hours or more to get these birds. PM her right away. Pics available.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom