IA here

Two of the silkies I got at the swap. I think they are 5 weeks. I don't know why, but I think that partridge one is a roo...willl have to wait and see.
9864_picture_027.jpg

Silkie mutt, think a frizzle cross, I have no idea, but its cute.
9864_picture_020.jpg

9864_picture_025.jpg

Was just wondering if anyone could tell if they are hatchery stock or higher quality? I don't really care, just wondering if anyone could tell.

Quote:

It was the Maqouketa swap. They had like a trailer of pens with chickens/chicks in it.

I still need chick starter too
sad.png
it's been a week and Farm and Fleet still has not called to say they have any in. I have been feeding very little layer feed, corn and birdseed mix.

Not hatchery stock!
big_smile.png

Quote:

It was the Maqouketa swap. They had like a trailer of pens with chickens/chicks in it.

I still need chick starter too
sad.png
it's been a week and Farm and Fleet still has not called to say they have any in. I have been feeding very little layer feed, corn and birdseed mix.

Hello Iowa chicken family! I need some help. I have a friend that is looking for some adult birds. She is just getting into chickens and I told her I would try to help her find the breeds she is looking for. If anyone has any input or know anyone that is selling adult birds of the following breeds, just let me know. Thanks!

She is looking for:

2 welsummer hens
2 dominique hens
2 buff ameraucana hens

1 deleware hen
1 black jersey giant hen

Please let me know where to look or who to contact.
woot.gif

Last edited:
Hello!

I am from Northwest Iowa and don't have any chickens "yet", but we're working on getting an old shed fixed up and ready to go. I'm hoping to get a few chicks to start sometime this week. This is my very first time having chickens, I am very excited. I'm just going to start with about 12 and get them from a local Bomgaar's. Hopefully they won't be sold out by the time I go to buy some.

Just wanted to introduce myself!

Welcome to BYC Ladywoodsong!
I live in NW IA also, in the Okoboji area. If I can be of any help, let me know! Are you looking for layers, meatbirds or ornamentals?
I have chicks right now if you are looking for bantams, just hatched this weekend.
big_smile.png

Here is a couple of tiny little Pyncheons that hatched Sat. afternoon. http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/mrandmrschicken/topknots004.jpg

This
is a broody Buttercup sharing hatching duty too! She looks like a puffer fish, very intently doing her duty!
http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/mrandmrschicken/topknots008.jpg

Last edited:
If I get any roo's is anyone here willing to take them? Or if I would decide to sell all my birds, two 2 year olds, a Golden Laced Wyandotte and Australorp, 3 chicks - 2 silkies 1 mix. Just want to know if anyone here would want them....just incase I need to do that.

Back
Top Bottom