IA here

Quote:
We're showing at the county fair, and possibly the state fair this year as well. I think the entry deadline for 4H is July 1, but non-4H, I'm unsure of a date. Any 4-H club will have access to someone who can test your birds, usually free for 4-H members. If not, call the county extension office or go to ISU extention website. My opinion is that hatchery breeds will work for experience and showmanship, the two best traits to learn for a beginner but probably won't win the purple ribbon. Any of the breeds you mention would be great. I saw many many excellent buff orps last year, so I'm guessing that category will be very difficult.

Quote:
I wish I would have seen that earlier I have been thinkng about getting a few more chicks for when I butcher my meats and by the way Trish or new ducklings are doing great and getting pretty big. When my son isnt chasing them they chase him its great.

Quote:
lau.gif
That made me laugh so hard I almost woke up my kiddos! I have a silkie that is currently mad at me, and I don't think I am going to ever get on her good side again.

does anyone know of anyone with West of England pigeons or Old German Owls, looking for a few, I can get some shipped but it is getting so hot out. or any pigeon shows coming up in our area that maybe I can find some?? Thanks guys

I am no help with showing chickens, I have never done that.

I got my new pullet from pbjmaker, She is very sweet and tame. 2 of my 4 roos where mean to her sooo they lost there head! This morning she came right up to me and told me that those 2 white hens were mean, and that she wanted to go home. I told her to give it a chance here and just be mean back. She got up on the roost and got all comfy, I guess she is going to give us a try.

I am very happy with her and my eggs to hatch, My Grandson will but them in the bater mon morning.

People like Stephenie make the world a better place! Lisa

Quote:
I am glad she decided to give you a chance
big_smile.png
She is a nice girl - I swear hand raising them even for a few weeks makes a difference. I have 2 RIR pullets that are about 3 weeks old and they follow me around like puppies.

I have made a compromise with Princess P. the serama. She gets to come in and roost on her favorite chair for about 1/2 hour while all the other chickens go to bed, then I put her in the coop as I shut the door. I got tired of her sitting on the ledge of my back window giving me "sad face"

Back
Top Bottom