IA here

No I am not ready for hatching eggs yet. No incubator and right now I don't think hubby is ready to have me messing with that. I will have to ease into it......I will remember though that you may have some for the future.

Hi everyone

My Grandson has been here now for 10 days, ( no time for the computer) He is loveing IA says he does not want to leave. He is still turning the eggs in the bator and he feeds the chickens - gathers eggs from the hen house every day.

I am haveing trouble decieding on a rooster to keep, i raised 25 mixed heavys from Murray mcmuray. I wanted to keep a RIR, but a big dog killed 15 of my heavys includung the RIR. I kept a new hampshire red but he was very mean to all the other chickens. Sooo We ate him. Now all I have left is a White wyendot and a dark brahma. I did not want to keep the brahma because they grow so slow and I want to raise fryers. I was going to keep the wyendot. Now he is trying to kill the other chickens. One thing about Brahmas is that they are Gentle. I guess I will keep him for now anyway. He is very tame.

I am enjoying my rabbits also, I have 3 litters now. They are so cute.

hope everyone is doing good.! Lisa

Lisa,

Do you know about Oak Hill Hatchery just north of Greenfield? They have Cornish Cross but can get pullets chicks for you too. They get them from Hoover. They drive up and pick them up the day after they are born. Then you can go that very afternoon and pick them up from them. No shipping.

Quote:
I'm near St. Chuck.
lol.png

I never heard of them. Someone from BYH is giving me Bufff Orpington eggs. to hatch. I am very excited about that. I have always wanted Orpingtons but have never had any. We do not have all the details worked out yet on the BO eggs. If I dont get them I will look up Oak Hill. My hubby has lived here all of his life and never heard of them. I would like to go there sometime!
Thanks Lisa

Lisa, google them on the internet. They are straight north on 25 toward Menlo. They order the pullets from Hoover but will get them for you. Orpingtons are definately on my list for my next chicks.

Back
Top Bottom