IA here

Or EE pullet, "the bearded circus lady", finally cut loose with her first egg! 2 now actually. They appear to be closer to olive color than green. She was really screaming at me the other day and I knew she was close, very close! The Delaware bantam she is in with, Dell, just looks at her even though they are exactly the same age, I don't think he has a clue yet. Of course after she laid her egg, the bearded lady went into the corner head first and sat down for a nap? Poor girl worked hard for that!

Who's going to the state fair? Who's taking chickens?
lol.png

Quote:
I am with wife, children and chickens! Have some chicks hatching right this moment too! Pyncheons anyone? Buckeyes, Serama, Buttercups? And of course 3 lavender Americanas. Can't count them yet! (You know how that goes). Can bring to the fair if interested.

I am in Louisiana now for about 3 weeks
tongue.png
maybe I can get my aunt set up with some chickens
lol.png

Im gonna post some pics. My black silkie mix is a roo. I went to Pennsylvania 3 weeks ago and sent all my chickens there, he started to crow just a few days later lol.
Im thinking this buff is a boy lol I think they are 4 months...we went to the april 17th swap, and they were 5 weeks when we got them.
9864_dsc00490.jpg

He got himself some comb and wattles!!! lol he is a pretty roo, his back has golden looking feathers.
9864_dsc00488.jpg

He was panting.
9864_dsc00353.jpg

We went to the fair and Jerrit (colored egg farmer) had to help shear somme kids sheep.
9864_dsc00443.jpg

A big egg I got....
9864_double_yoker.jpg

It was my first double yolker!!!!
9864_yolks.jpg

Got engaged too
tongue.png
sapphire ring.
9864_ring.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I am with wife, children and chickens! Have some chicks hatching right this moment too! Pyncheons anyone? Buckeyes, Serama, Buttercups? And of course 3 lavender Americanas. Can't count them yet! (You know how that goes). Can bring to the fair if interested.

I might take some buckeyes. And maybe buttercups. What's a buttercup, a mixed bird? Not familiar. I camp at the Fair so we could meet there.

Quote:

I might take some buckeyes. And maybe buttercups. What's a buttercup, a mixed bird? Not familiar. I camp at the Fair so we could meet there.

I will Pm you pictures of Buckeyes and Buttercups. They are bantams, just to clarify that. they are both rare breed and good layers! As well as very pretty and cold hardy. I have a few older Buckeye chicks also, I think 3 that are about 3 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom