IA here

Hey everyone

Yall sound buisy, getting ready for the fair.
My bo eggs in the bater, that I thought would not hatch because of the heat. well at least one is peeping. I am so excited, you would have thought that I had given birth myself. haha

My hubby built a baby chick cage in the hen house. It is up off of the flor , made out of heavy wier with very small holes, Framed with wood the top is wood and comes off so I can get in to clean and feed. well only my hands get in. The 21 chicks out there are doing great. I love the cage he made for me. I will send a pictuer later. I think my step daughter can show me how to send a pic.

Did any off you have bad weather last night . I was scarred. I have not been scarred like that before. I was already scarred and then the Tornato warnig went off. I woke up my hubby, but he was not concerned. MEN! oh well we made it through. my garden looks a little smushed.

Lisa

Yep we had storms the last two nights and then this morning again
hmm.png

I wish they would stop, my flower garden is falling over along with my bean plants.

Well my puppies are mastering the art of escaping from the box now that they have their eyes open, so I am going to have to add to the box. They figured out that at night mom sleeps just outside of the box, so they were crawling over the only low edge to get to her all night. It's kind of comical. She is really a good mom but I think that was her time to sleep and just be near them if there was a problem. I could almost see her eyes rolling and I did hear her sigh.

Quote:
Speaking of dogs... Steph, remember the puppy we got in Waverly? She went to a new home yesterday. Just too much dog for us and my wife was not willing to try a shock collar. She ran out in the street all the time, yanking leash out of everyones hand etc. She needs to be on a farm so she can run w/o getting hurt. Too much border collie and not enough lab i guess.
Thought I'd share this pic with you all.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt78/mrandmrschicken/IMG956807.jpg

No I did not take the photo, wish I had. One of the local tv stations would not put it on the air cause they said there was not tornado!
One comedian had the line, "Here's your sign"......... that should have been their sign!

Was gonna bring our buff Cochin bantam to the fair, not only has she gone broody but she plucked all her feathers out! If you tip her up, she looks like a chicken in a grocery store with plastic wrapped around her! Poor hot girl.
sad.png

Well pooh on her! Give her some eggs - that will teach her!
big_smile.png

My broody olive egger quit setting. I had put her in this spare "mini-coop" that we had and she sat on the egg for a day, then she got up on the roost in there and wouldn't come down for nuthin'

I decided to candle the eggs and see if they were even viable and got an arm full of tiny ants. No wonder she didn't want to sit on that nest!

SO I made her a nest and cage inside but she didn't like that either - figured by then the eggs weren't toast so I set her free again. She is so over being broody!

Princess keeps giving me the stink eye since I caged her, hope she doesn't do that to the judges...

Let me know when you are on your way here Eric - might try to set up at the same time as you!

Back
Top Bottom