IA here

Eric, you are quite the bloodhound! Pat yourself on the back for a job well done!!!!
ya.gif

Lets hope that at least by mid March we will be getting fertile eggs from some fine stock... (fingers crossed)

Thanks Trish and Mike for that boost of confidence!
cool.png

Mike, remember, it will have to be the morning of the 22nd, Lora and I are leaving for the WI poultry show and when the Ideal order is expected to arrive, that AM. Or, we will be back late Sunday and here for a Monday the 27th p/u too. Whichever is more conveinient.

Ladywoodsong; If you and the boys should ever want to hatch some eggs, I do have 3 incubators and you are welcome to use one!
big_smile.png

Right now, I am anxious to see how my bantam Orloffs do that are expected to hatch Wednesday! The others looked like little owls when they hatched

Last edited:
I thank you for that offer, but I decided a while back that I am not going to go the incubator route.
smile.png
I'm gonna keep it simple and let Mama Hen do her job. I would, however, be open to getting some fertile eggs sometime (closer to spring) if I ever DO get a broody hen.

This would be new territory for me as well. Lot's to learn, but loving it!

Quote:
How about this... when one of my hens goes broody, I loan her out to you! Call it........ "Wrent a wretch"! Sometimes they are so wretched when they are broody. Just a pathetic grumpy, moody mess! I have a Cochin and a Serama that will go broody at the same time. My Serama hen can lay so flat, she could double as a swimming pool cover!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Quote:
Interesting sale at Kalona - lots of bantams and pidgeons there. On a whim I got 4 turkey poults and am keeping them an the far side of the farm from the chickens. They are quite interesting! They had Emus too - they went for $75.00 a piece, isn't that kind of cheap? I expected them to cost more than that.

Back
Top Bottom