IA here

Hey Steph; How's your tooth? Or is it Wed. you go in? How about your flu?

Kari; Any change with the IA Blue in the sling? I have no idea what the issue could be unless, he hurt himself somehow or his legs got really cold? Just o clear idea?

School is already 2 hours late for tomorrow but the wind is supposed to pick up tonight and it is a really light snow so...

Well it was confirmed today. I went to collect my eggs after we got home from work and one of my black sex links was sitting in my feed bucket. They lay in there sometimes so I moved her around to check for an egg and she was eating it. I pulled her out of there and took out the rest of the egg. I have never culled a chicken yet but I was so close to just snapping her neck after seeing that.

I switched out the heat lamp again yesterday and went back to the light on the timer. I would have had 11/15 eggs today but lost the one the BSL was eating.

I am officially "duckless" now.
sad.png

A case of falling asleep during the head cold from Hades and forgot to go shut up the duck coop, and poof, all 6 ducks disappeared overnight.
I only have 28 chickens to hold me over until spring.

Quote:
Oh no, I'm so sorry, ChickBond!
sad.png

I've forgotten a few times to lock my chickens up and so far I've been lucky but I'm sure the day will come that it will happen.....that would be really tough.

Quote:
frow.gif
Greetings from Luzerne! I think we have most of IA represented now! Well wait - anyone from the SW corner? Now we can get a comprehensive weather report FAR more dependable than the news
lol.png
We'll have all the northern IA folks telling us about all the snow they have and we can hear from you about the freezing rain
hide.gif
I think we ALL have snow now don't we?

Quote:
That sucks
sad.png
When you said how it was drinking water I thought kidney problems too. I have no idea what is wrong, hope it gets better.

Yeah, I'm sad for him, though he seems to be happy enough. I stopped adding electrolytes to his water and he quit drinking so much. His poo returned to normal, so I don't know if kidney trouble is the answer anymore
hmm.png
. I guess I just have to decide how long to give him.

Over the flu and the tooth gets fixed tomorrow at 12:45. Of course starting yesterday, I am developing 2! cold sores. The dentist said it would be fine. Abreva helps a lot.

Sparky got neutered today and needs to be kenneled all night. He is not a happy camper. He is whining and wining. It will be fun for Tucker to get revenge on the whole cone-head thing
big_smile.png
roll.png

Well the hubby and 16 year old are digging out the drive, so I need to go look productive myself.

Back
Top Bottom