IA here

Wait - I think I know what Eric is talking about - in Key West there are wild chickens that wander the streeets as a tourist attraction. Yes Eric - get us some gypsy chicken eggs to hatch - then I will talk to you again!

We got another egg today!! Up to 3 eggs! And jerrit 'started' the pen/pens today, but the nails there weren't the right ones, so we didn't get far
roll.png

Quote:
Give them a nice place to lay, lots of oyster shell in their feed and they should get to it again. Don't be afraid to give them a high proyein feed. I am sure it was the long trip that set them back, they do not adjust to change well. Just an FYI... not box yet.

It's a bright crisp -7F here this morning. Yesterday the sun and moon dogs were out shining brightly. Am gonna let the birds sleep in this AM to let keep some heat. Well thats long enough got some nice pineapple for them so sweeten up on!
Have some chicks due to hatch tomorrow, got the brooder all ready to go, sterilized and anxious. I heard a chick peeping, but saw no pips yet, should be soon!
This time only one little yard monkey expected, a Vorwerk X Americauna, that should be fun!
I will have quite a few little bantam Speckled Sussex if anyone is interested in some chicks let me know. These will be my first.

Baby chicks! Sounds like fun!
big_smile.png

I hate to ask, but does anyone know what options there are for butchering chickens in the Cedar Rapids / Anamosa area? I can't do it myself. But I'm not sure where to go!
hmm.png

Quote:
I had to haul mine to Sumner last year north of Independence. I think there are a couple others in Iowa, but none closer to me. 2 hours one way. I probably should just break down and do it myself
hmm.png

Sumner Locker
(563) 578-5341
112 S Carpenter St Sumner, IA 50674

Quote:
I had to haul mine to Sumner last year north of Independence. I think there are a couple others in Iowa, but none closer to me. 2 hours one way. I probably should just break down and do it myself
hmm.png

Sumner Locker
(563) 578-5341

Thanks for the info! I only have the one Roo, any ideas how much I should expect to spend?

I think it's a little over $3 per bird. Are there any feather stubs on his legs?

Quote:
I had to haul mine to Sumner last year north of Independence. I thI tink there are a couple others in Iowa, but none closer to me. 2 hours one way. I probably should just break down and do it myself
hmm.png

Sumner Locker
(563) 578-5341

Thanks for the info! I only have the one Roo, any ideas how much I should expect to spend?

Back
Top Bottom