IA here

Quote:
Hi Matt, how have you been? Still have the Blues?

Yeah still have the blues in bantams. Will be breeding from 4 trios this spring. I'd say the blues are my favorite. How are things going with you?

\\
Things are well. Winter has been too cold and long, ready for spring. I need to get rid of some roos. Might have to cull but don't want to.

Quote:

I think your inbox might be full Trish. I'd have to have some extra small little girls. Would you have some tiny ones, pullets, that won't go into your breeding program?

BYC may have been acting up a bit last night. There's room in the inbox.

I do have some 1 year old hens in that pen I need to cull. Just need to do some figuring on who is laying the light eggs. I'd say about 30% of them are too light in their egg laying ability.

As of last yr you only got certified if you have 1000s of hens. That there was/is no regulation on smaller sellers.
Now after last yr with those certified egg ppl cause such an uproar I can see the USDA changing stuff. Now meats can only be sold in live form without USDA stamp.

Steph I missed laceys filly on marestare by 2 min.

Trish - got one of the cochin eggs to hatch. Splash with slipper feet. She had better be a pullet! I have never seen so much feathering on feet. One BCM out too but s/he is now mixed with the two other black yard mutts with maran parentage.
he.gif
It hatched overnight. Will wait for them to all settle in and see if I can figure out which one it is.

I'm just thrilled that it's splash - one of my favorite colors! There are 4 BCM based chicks down there in the brooder. One I know isn't it because it was totally stuck in it's shell and still has pieces of membrane on its down. He has already had quite the adventure. One is kind of bluish black so I am sure that's not it. So that leaves just the two. I just had a blue Olive Egger hatch. Well it's mama was an OE - not sure what will happen with a regular brown egg dad. There is another OE egg pipped - I put it in a day later.
So the count is:
4 Ia. Blue X EE(a 5th one zipped and died overnight)
1 LF splash cochin
yippiechickie.gif

1BCM
3 Ia. Blue X [BCMX Cuckoo]
2 Ia. Blue X Gold comet
1 Ia. Blue X {BCM X EE} = olive egger

I'm missing one - there are 12 birds down there. figured it out - was another EE mix

Last edited:
Ok just loaded more eggs and I should have some mille cochins in 1 week from these 2
64882_dscf0116.jpg

Cant wait to see how the chicks turn out

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom