IA here

Chicks are hatching! Had 1 hatch already, it's an ia blue mix. It has a white belly and white wing tips, we are thinking a BR mix. 1 ia blue is pipped and a buttercup too. Will get pics.

So what did everyone pickup at the waverly swap, Picked up 7 EEs for work, 2 frizzle cochin pullets for home. 2 pairs of roller pigeons and a bunny.

I didn't get anything from the swap but did finally paid for and picked up pbjmaker's awesome maran crosses she was holding for me...and Dolly a frizzled show girl cross who is the absolutely sweetest little gal.

there were a ton of pheasants, pigeons and goats there today along with over priced roosters and flea market things...it was fun
smile.png

Actually walked out with only 1 cage full.
I got 3 red pullets, and a white egg layer hen my 1st forget what breed Oldest got 2 runner ducklings and Tj got his little roo. He actually took the longest I think we looked at every bantam roo there 3 times. Now he wants a couple hens to go with his little cochin roo. So Boone sale next weekend we go. Weather was great only had 1 kid that was nice.

I didn't get the opportunity to say goodbye to anyone! I was so afraid of blocking traffic, we got in the car and left. Noah was getting sicker. Bet he ends up home from school tomorrow.

All six of the little chicks are home enjoying a sunbath. I hope the roosters that went to Sioux City are having fun. It is much quieter here now!
big_smile.png

The 2 little birds I brought back home were so hungry when I put them back with their friends. the little rooster and his buddy started bumping chests rught away, then flitted about and had lunch.

Sammi;
Please tell your husband i enjoyed out conversation and if he needs some more websites, I can help him out.

Quote:
oh shoot - I could have given you a sweet trio of birchen cochins for your troubles getting those birds to me... I wish I knew you were looking for things. Boone sounds like fun
smile.png

I did pretty good until the last trip back to the car, then I found a lady selling day old SLW so I bought a dozen. Otherwise I only bought a feeder, brooder lamp set up and a 40 X 75 ft piece of birdnetting for my errant turkeys. It was great fun though!

It was great seeing you all there!

I came home with some feeders, supplies from Smith Supply, Bourbon Red pair, and Iowa Blue eggs from Kari. I probably would have come home with more, but I was too busy with customers to shop.

I got leg bands for my Iowa Blue's and Black/Blue Plymouth Rocks. (needed a smaller size). Peepers for my Bantam Marans Project coop. (sigh)

Next weekend we'll be in Maquoketa and then, mabye Boone. The weekend after that we'll be in Freeport, IL. Then Burlington again. That will close out *&%# month for us. I call it *$%# month because I don't get any sleep the night before a swap. Get ready for the swap the previous day, along with the rest of the work we do. Try to sleep for 3 hours, which NEVER happens. Then up at midnight to milk, feed then take off to the swap. Thank goodness we have Vivarin!!

Had a wonderful time! The weather was the best.

My sister bought a crackle gander, 5 silver-laced and 5 gold-laced sebrights, and ten bantam babies, mostly EEs.

I, myself, bought a beautiful pair of Spangled OEGB. I was looking for a mille fleur OEGB rooster but the only ones I saw were WAY too expensive and didn't look very good to me. One pair was stated as show quality but I didn't care for the look or the coloring on the rooster and my hens at home have way more coloring then his. I don't show so I really can't say a whole lot about it but the guy I bought the spangles from said he seen them also and he said "No way are they show". I didn't find any chocolate or gold-laced OEGB, which is what I really wanted. There really wasn't alot of OEGs and most of those were bbrs. Maybe next time I'll find what I want.

Back
Top Bottom