IA here

In the past six days we've added 8 ducks, 3 goats, and 1 lamb!! It's been crazy busy but, I love every minute of it.
ya.gif

Quote:

I was bottle feeding 2 lambs until yesterday. My neighbor and I raise a few good hair sheep. Sold the youngest bottle lamb yesterday at Kalona. Bottle fed 7 ewe lambs in January and saved 6. Now have incubators fired up to hatch Cochins for the next 6 weeks or so. Life is good!

205686_1731965617461_1188147202_31571550_23287_n.jpg

my Easter eggs, the dark brown one is from the birds I got from pbjmaker -- thanks again, they are wonderful birds
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:

I was bottle feeding 2 lambs until yesterday. My neighbor and I raise a few good hair sheep. Sold the youngest bottle lamb yesterday at Kalona. Bottle fed 7 ewe lambs in January and saved 6. Now have incubators fired up to hatch Cochins for the next 6 weeks or so. Life is good!

We bought our lamb in Kalona yesterday. Not having any luck with getting him to eat. He has been eating grass and a a little of the goat feed so now I am isolating him for awhile to see if not eating helps with the bloating and maybe he finally get some milk replacer down.I'm crossing my fingers.
fl.gif
If you have any ideas, please, help!!! I want to save this little guy, he deserves a good chance!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Congrats on the job Tira!
It is very strange with the Orloffs. They can actually be very nuturing birds. More than once I have seen them, as starts with their wings up, sheltering other birds. You will find that they grow fast, then go through a slow growth period. The Buttercups are hard to tell apart until they get fully feathered. As with most breeds, the males typically start to comb out earlier but not always. The males spots will fade and red feathers will begin to grow in. Thats the only way I know of to tell them apart. i do not know how to vent sex or tell by wing feathers.

15765_100_3172.jpg

I was the recipient of a tiny little Easter gift today!
big_smile.png
It came from a very small pullet that I thought was a long way from laying. I have a pen that are like bantam, bantams!

Forgot to mention that the Twents Hoen eggs are on their way! 3 varieties... silver, gray and partridge. Please cross your fingers for a safe passage!

Last edited:
42220_2011-04-13_190706.jpg

this is T.L.C. color?

candled acouple eggs today all seems to be developing ok yay.
should hatch out around easter.

got a bunch of stuff done outside till today hit. but not nearly enough.

this weekend after the snow/rain crap i need to get potatoes in and kids(4 legged kind) a pen so i can put them out without being out there with them.

Sam - I had to buy new seed potatoes - my dogs mistook the first bag for chew toys
roll.png

What do you mean by T. L. C. color?

The bator here is stuffed to the gills - can't wait to see if I get any pheasants hatched. I've been reading up on them - Mike is gonna get a surprise when he learns they need a flight pen long before they grow out...

Man has the wind picked up here - I have the 3 little chicks living outside for now - keeping an eye on them as the weather turns. They are 2 pullets and a roo for now. The little roo is a {black copper x easter egger } X Ia blue. His body is all black with a touch of copper on the wings and a silver laced chest starting to show.

I had to keep the ducks penned today because we discovered they can get just enough height to get over the fence.
hmm.png
Surprising for such big bulky birds!

what color pattern do you call him hes buff but the black throws me. T.L.C. is his name TJ's little cock.

duck can fly and far. and you have a lake not to far from you.
phasants just ring necks?

lol spud eating dog thats funny.

Back
Top Bottom