IA here

COLD! WET! I forgot to close the East window on the chicken coops. Oh Man!!! Storms aren't supposed to blow West! Wet coops, mad hens. I'm in deep chickie poo with my girls!

We're getting wet sloppy snow here... At least it's not cold.
hmm.png

We have s&$@ and wind here. Chickens even the 1s that play in the rain and snow normally are inside today.
I have 1 hen who is always outside when it rains she looks like she got a bath. I've seen her covered in ice and still lays

Quote:
I have two splash Cochins that go out in any weather and man are they mud balls now
th.gif
Between their instance on splashing in the puddles with their pantaloons around their ankles and the rooster's muddy feet all over their backs they are in saaad shape.

Oh! did you have to say, mud balls? My hens always get these rock-hard, marble sized mud balls on their toes in this kind of weather. Having left the windows open isn't going to help matters any. Now they have mud both inside and out! I am gonna have to have a royal chicken-foot washing when the mud goes away. Yuck! That is the downside of having a dirt-floored coop! I am starting to think I want some straw in there!

Quote:
Good
big_smile.png
Today is my day off, I work everyday except Tuesdays, 7:30am to noon. It is a lot of hard work though, everyday we have to clean the kennels and there are at least 60 dogs. And yesterday was the first time a dog got out of the kennel while I was in it
roll.png
it's a new one though, and the person that was working with me was off doing something else...the dog was very hyper. Jumping and all that, I almost got out, but not fast enough. The dog ran down the kennels and another worker and some people were down there and caught him. I followed the guy that got him, I wasn't sure if he knew where the dogs kennel was or not....and then he couldn't get out of the kennel so, they have a wire thing that opens a door for them to go outside, and I had to do that so he could get out lol.

Back
Top Bottom