IA here

Not all posts, on this thread, are specifically chicken related, nor is that a prerequisite That being said, some of who post on here know each other and at least pretend to get along!
big_smile.png

We try and meet up as often as possible because we are separated by distance and time, and don't have each others phone numbers, it's not necessary. Sometimes we share each others emotions out loud by posting here. Care, concern and fun need not always be kept private. Private information should be kept private and each of us should be our own judge of that. In fact we have recently been... spanked for airing our dirty laundry in public when something went too far.

This is our.... coffee shop if you will and we are free speak our minds as we choose as long as it does not offend the BYC by-laws or tenets.
Please feel welcome and not ostrisized. We are a small community and we share a common interest and that is chickens. As we grow as friends our conversations sometimes drift and that is human nature and what makes us real people who share even more.

Quote:
Who am I?
I am a husband, father, grandfather. Served 6 years USAR. NRA member. A class winner at the Iowa State Trapshooting Championships. Retired after a career at a Fortune 500 company. I am an Iowan who raises and shows exhibition quality birds. I have a good NPIP flock of Black Cochins and Columbian Cochins. I am a member of the Eastern Iowa Poultry Club, American Bantam Association, and Cochins International. I tried to give my opinion in an informational and non judgmental way. Obviously I failed to understand the private club this is rather than a public forum.The BackYardChickens Forum is a place for members to ask questions, share their experiences, and help each other learn while making new friends. Respect that people may have a different political, religious, philosophical and cultural background than you. Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times. I may have or may not have been right but I have a right to express my opinion. You responded in a childish attack mode unlike the other response that was explanatory, well thought out, and courteous.

Last edited:
I have 24 in lock down but I don't think they will hatch.
Lost a ee chick today kids in a rush put the waterer in at an angle so all the water spilled out and made a swimming pool. Ducklings had fun with it.
Been sick so they have been choring this was only mess up so yay them.
Q (6yr old) doesn't have school next week that will be fun.
But if you don't hear from me by weds he has me tied up somewhere

Quote:
pbjmaker
sorry i dont mean to be weird i just want to see a live iowa b
and looking for someone local to ask questions without having
to post all of them
how long do i leave the chicks in the incubater after {if} they hatch
then what????
if they do not hatch on due date how long do you wait??
brooder box
when can they go in the coop i built in the backyard???
where did you get your iowa b from ????
what is PM ????

flash point
how are your eggs doing that i saw in waverly????
OMG i just got called into the livingroom there is an egg that has a tiny hole in it and its cheaping
as im typing
schroeder got to take photo

Back
Top Bottom