IA here

hello everyone it's been a while since I have checked in here. So busy this summer between work and all the baby animals. We have muscovy ducklings, chicks and close to twenty guinea fowl that hatched out yesterday! As well as two puppies! Some of you might be familier with my Annie and her litter of puppies. I Have had so many people who begged me to breed her now back out on wanting their puppies, I have people willing to take them, that I am NOT willing to give them to, and so we still have two left at almost ten weeks. My lesson is learned, but if anyone needs/wants a beautiful beagle puppy that is up to date on shots, close to compleatly housetrained (we have a puppy pad down for them in the house, but it rarely gets used, they usually will wait and go outside) and absolutly adorable! let me know. Just asking for $75, which doesn't begin to cover the costs I have put into them, nor the love I have for them. I would keep them both, but it wouldn't be fair to them or us, as my husband just got a job (after 6yrs of being unemployed!!) and we are not home enough to have two more dogs. Anyway, if anyone is interested or knows anyone who is let me know. Sophie could maybe be used as a hunter, but not Rose, who is a bit more skittish and hates loud noises, both are greats with cats, dogs, kids as well as chickens, ducks and guinea fowl!

First two pictures are Rosie (you can change their names) 2nd two are Sophie
7weeksRosie.jpg

Rosie6weeksold.jpg

Sophie
Sophie6wks3days.jpg

Sophie is to the right in this picture
GracieandSophie6weeks3days.jpg

Some of them together
7wkssophieandRosie.jpg

RosieandSophie7weeks2.jpg

edited to fix a wrong picture

Last edited:
Thats too bad we missed each other! At 10:00, we were down by the rides entrance, the boys were chewing holes in their socks just waiting to get in at 10:00 sharp! The Lora and I went over to the varied industries bldg to look you up. there was a grey/white haired lady at the booth. She said "I am not Stephanie but take this test anyway"! And thrust a clipboard and pen in my hand. Sadly I got an average score so I only got a ruler.
sad.png
Then Lora and I went over to the Riley stage and watched a couple of performances. By then it was time to meet the boys and decide about lunch. they were to busy having fun so they wanted to go back and I reminded Lora they were kids so let'em go! By 3:00 they were beat to a pulp and wanted to go back to the hotel. So back we went and guess who had the nap? I could have cared less for SpongeBob!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Thank You. I know they can look even better in the fall.Which variety did you like the best? I know the judge loved the Partridge male but he is missing several primary feathers so he couldn't be placed higher than 1 in variety. My favorites are my Columbians and also the toughest to do right but my best are my Blacks. As long as they write a number 3 or higher on the cage I feel like I am moving the right direction. Wish I had been able to meet you.

Last edited:
Did you have a partridge rooster in an end cage? I am a b/b/s kind of person but I do like the mottled birds too. I really like cochins in general large or bantam. They seem to have such good personalities and are squishy
wink.png
Seriously I really like my two ugly little frizzled cochins. They are hatchmates and have been nothing but good birds and good mothers for 4 years now. They are extremely friendly to me also.

Yes he is mine and so was the partridge hen placed in the row with the Columbians. Hope the Partridge male grows primary feathers back quickly for the fall shows. I took 4 young pet quality Columbian birds up to sell and now wish I had taken more. Sold out real quick. Did you see my Blacks?

Eastern Iowa Poultry Association is an organization that puts on 1 sanctioned show per year on Thanksgiving weekend. Held near Iowa City, Iowa. Have had over 2000 birds on several occasions. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a member PM me and I will send you the contact information. The show last year was the 140th annual show. The club was established in 1870. This will also be the western national show for Cochins International.

I forgot to mention that the website for information on this falls show will be updated and posted on the clubs website in the near future. http://www.easterniowapoultryshow.com/

Thanks
for looking.
Craig

It was funny Craig. I was standing in front of my Delaware bantam boy, and this guy came up and said, "How you doing Eric?" I looked up at him and recognized him but had to ask who he was... It was Phil Shank. I was so embarrassed I didn't recognize him and apologized. he asked if I was coming to IA City and I told him I planned on it.

Quote:

Eric, Did you happen to look at the standard Dels there at the show? Steph took some pictures for me but I don't know for sure what I am looking for. These birds will be the breeding stock for the gal in northern MO I found with Dels. She has these and was also going to have stock from MI and TN. I plan to get some chicks and was going to get some hatching eggs, they will be picked up not mailed, next spring if this stock looks any good.

If you have a FB page and are on Stephs friends list she can add you to an album and she also has a video. I would really like some input from someone who knows what to look for.

Quote:
I did see the birds and they seemed very healthy, curious and alert. I did not see how they were judged. I would not be afraid of the stock at all those folks were really interested in doing some stock trading with me on the bantam level. My wife is a facebooker so I will have her check out the vid.

Back
Top Bottom