IA here

Anyone coming up over, under, to Charles City for the swap sat?? Thinking of taking a couple things out there

Do any of you selling fresh eggs to anyone have any kind of a permit or anything? The only reason I ask is that our little town that I am a city council person for wanted to try to get a farmers market going next year but after we found out that anyone selling food items had to have a certificate of insurance for farmers markets, we nixed the idea. I don't have enough eggs yet to do much selling yet but before I decide to ramp up my egg production that much I am curious how the rest of you handle this egg selling stuff.

Quote:
I thought that too until this whole thing came up with the city. My understanding is that ANYONE selling food items are suppose to have some type of liability insurance and if the state finds out you don't then they will tell you to comply or quit selling. I would love it if someone could tell me that is not the case. The person I talked to about this at another small town Farmers Market, who appeared to be very knowledgeable, said she knew of some Amish selling at their home or a stand at their home and they were made to comply.

Who is all going to Wavery ? would like to meet some of you !
wee.gif
ya.gif
:weee:frow:frow

Jason I found the info we talked about earlier.

Cochin Birchen 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Black 1874 Feather Legged
Cochin Blue 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Brown Red 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Buff 1874 Feather Legged
Cochin Columbian 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Golden Laced 1965 Feather Legged
Cochin Mottled 1965 Feather Legged
Cochin Partridge 1874 Feather Legged
Cochin Red 1977 Feather Legged
Cochin Silver Laced 1965 Feather Legged
Cochin White 1874 Feather Legged

Hello
I'm new to this form. I like reading the post of other Iowan's. I started having backyard chickens, March of this year. I live southside of DSM. I have 3 BO, 2 AMERICANAS, 1 BR AND 2 RED SEXLINKS. I raised all of them from chicks.
Fred

Back
Top Bottom