IA here

Quote:

I entered 15 Bantam Cochins. 6 Columbians, 1 Birchen, 1 Buff Columbian, 2 Blacks, 5 Partridge. Also bringing a junior with a pair of Blacks. Look forward to seeing you there!

Last edited:
Spoke with Phil Shank at Lincoln. He is looking for a very good turnout this year... I will be bringing a lot of birds too, more than usual to exhibit. Wish I could bring my bantam Buff Orp but the poor girl went through such a hard molt and she looks like a beat up whisk broom!
Anyone looking for some bantam buff Naked Necks? They seem to be very hardy chicks!

Quote:
I haven't had any of my past Necked Necks make it past a year.

These little guys are only a month old and come from very hardy, sometimes free range stock. From a breeder not a hatchery. Also have Lavendar Americaunas, not EE's.

I have only ordered from McMurray hatchery and have had nothing but good service and good healthy birds. Necked Necks just don't seem as hardy as some other breeds.

That could be a problem with that bloodline that McMurray's producers breed. We have naked necks that are a couple years old. They were from a private breeder though. Not trying to knock McMurray at all. They just breed for different reasons is all.

Quote:

It looks like the snow is missing us, but we need the rain July 16 the last measurable amount of rain. How is everyone else for rainfall we just get missed last few rains. I went and visited silkie sue 5 and a half hours worth every minute of it. Here is just one of the boys at about 6 months.

I love birds that molt hard, they seem to outshine other birds in the looks department when they're done. I just worry about mine that molt that hard once it starts getting cold.
Quote:

I moved some of my birds into their Winter housing today. And frontlined quite a few. I wish I could bring one of my Buff Orpington roosters to show. His comb froze off a bit last year. His first year he was chunky and lanky. His 2nd year, he's really grown into himself! Weather permitting tomorrow, I'll get some pix of him.

How many are showing Modern Games this year? I just love them. I need another breed like a hole in the head though!

Back
Top Bottom