IA here

My trio came from Mark Peterson. In MN there are more than in Lincoln but they usually have their own section. I don't know how many to expect in Iowa City. I really like them, they are friendly and curious birds with an elegant carriage. i'd like to get a pair of lemon blues but need more room first.

Quote:

So far the snow is barely sticking here. Glad I went through last night and fed and watered, instead of doing it in the morning like I usually do. I'm going to wait to go out there and enjoy my coffee!

I need a 2nd barn! LOL

IA. jake :

Quote:
I know we got some moderns from Mark Peterson last year that were great at Iowa City. They reproduce like crazy and seem very hardy.​

We didn't even get a drop of rain I was hoping we would get some very dry here.
sad.png
I think I will have to do a rain dance.
wee.gif

Quote:

Quote:
I know we got some moderns from Mark Peterson last year that were great at Iowa City. They reproduce like crazy and seem very hardy.

I also need a bigger or second building but zoning is an issue. May gut an old camper, keep it licensed, and use it for another building for the male cages. May also use barrel conditioning pens next year.

We've had years like that here. It seemed like the rain clouds would split and go around us!

IA. jake :

We didn't even get a drop of rain I was hoping we would get some very dry here.
sad.png
I think I will have to do a rain dance.
wee.gif

Quote:​

Good ideas, Craig! With a licenced camper, you could also use that as a trailer to take to shows!!!

Quote:

I also need a bigger or second building but zoning is an issue. May gut an old camper, keep it licensed, and use it for another building for the male cages. May also use barrel conditioning pens next year.

I think today is the first day of the season I'll be sporting my insulated covies. It's really yucky out there. The wind makes it worse.

Yes, it's horrible! 2 inches of snow/slush and crazy wind. The poor ducks didn't know what to think! Hope it's OK that I let them out
hmm.png
It's warm enough I don't think they'll freeze. The pond has now filled back up bigger and better than before and they love it! Those calls really love to fly too. The girls will take off from the coop and fly a big circle around the farm and land on the pond. One day when the wind was bad a couple blew off accross the road into the neighbors field, but they managed to make it back
tongue.png

The Iowa Blues are grumpy though, their pop door opens to the north so I didn't let them out. Gotta do something about that
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom