IA here

Yes, she's pretty awesome! We're working together on the bantam marans. She lives around the corner from Bev Davis too, lucky girl!!!

Quote:

Alexandra Douglas? She packs her eggs in a most awesome way. SHe is very professional.

For my free range birds, I take a 55 gallon barrel and cut it down to about 14" in height. Then sand the edges. Then I take a livestock tank heater and put it in there. Works very well, my water fowl and dunk their heads, and it holds a lot of water for all my free rangers.

Hey Eric I just decided that I'm going to name my little black silkie chick "Cheeky Monkey" Caught him/her up on the roost with the big girls last night putting up a good fight for the right to be there. S/he weighs less than a pound I think...

I would say we got 3-5 inches atleast but not much wind. I forgot how much it sucks to have snow dragged in . Wet socks !! Hope all is well for the fellow Iowan's.

IA. jake :

I would say we got 3-5 inches atleast but not much wind. I forgot how much it sucks to have snow dragged in . Wet socks !! Hope all is well for the fellow Iowan's.

Must have been in the same line, about 3-5 inches here , too, and I think the birds and animals hate it even worse than we do, standing in the doorways going Oh..., do we have to go out in this, 18 dgrees here this morning in SW Iowa. Hope everyone has a great week!​

Quote:
big_smile.png
Are you joining the New Years Day hatch then? I've got 3 dozen IaB eggs waiting to go in, plus what I collect this week. I did get the seedling mats in place to keep the eggs from freezing and it seems to be working! This means I'll have to rebuild the rest of my nest boxes though, those old 10 hole metal contraptions aren't really set up for that
roll.png

Quote:
I'm going and messaged you - I'm in Des Moines - where are you again?

That is terrible - racoons have killed off quite a few of mine over the past year too. It's been peacefull lately though
fl.gif
I have a couple that refuse to go in the coop at night so I suppse it's a matter of time for them. Something about those Iowa Blues - they think they are invincible! I've got my breeding flock contained now though. They have a big fenced area, but it seems a shame not to allow them to free range. Gotta do it to keep them alive though!

When I had a small flock (last year) I just used one of those blue heated pet bowls in the coop. Most of my free rangers just drink out of the automatic horse waterers though - keeps it easy
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom