IA here

HAPPY New Year IOWANs
ya.gif

Is anyone interested in 2 Black Spanish White Faced Hens ?? Decided to eliminate one breed and after a hawk attack, thats all thats left of those........
barnie.gif

Welcome to 2012!
Anyone having a hatch today?
Need to get an email out to all the 4-H kids about getting their birds chosen this month, except for meaties, so they can be good reps of their breed and variety by fair time.

Quote:
Eggs in the incubator but no hatching for a while if at all. Need to candle tomorrow. Sure is windy today.

Couldn't agree more about getting 4H birds early. Kids often do a good job raising birds but they are just too young to show well. Also get birds from someone that knows exhibition poultry rather than from Orschelens,Theisens, Murray McMurray if you want a better chance to do well.

Quote:
I've got 44 out today. 1 LF Black Langshan, 6 bantam Langshan (from the pair. I'm candling the trios eggs tonight. Both pullets are laying now. I got 2 white and 4 black), buff Silkies, IB, GLP, Blue Partridge Silkies, Blue Cochin, New Hampshires, and more. I have more to hatch Wednesday, and so on. This is my first good hatch since the beginning of Oct. Until now it was 1 or 2 eggs hatch out of 25. I left them in the cabinet instead of putting them in the styrofoam incubator to hatch.

@ Eric, were you still interested in eggs? Let me know.
Jim

Happy New Year

Quote:
I've got 44 out today. 1 LF Black Langshan, 6 bantam Langshan (from the pair. I'm candling the trios eggs tonight. Both pullets are laying now. I got 2 white and 4 black), buff Silkies, IB, GLP, Blue Partridge Silkies, Blue Cochin, New Hampshires, and more. I have more to hatch Wednesday, and so on. This is my first good hatch since the beginning of Oct. Until now it was 1 or 2 eggs hatch out of 25. I left them in the cabinet instead of putting them in the styrofoam incubator to hatch.

@ Eric, were you still interested in eggs? Let me know.
Jim

Happy New Year

Maybe something in the hatcher is killing them
hmm.png
I bought a used LG that caused some bad hatches. Even bleach didn't help.

Back
Top Bottom