IA here

The WIND is blowing my eggs uphill !
hit.gif

My ducks actually went in the coop by 5:30 all on their own, now I know its yucky out - they never go in the coop unless I force them - even when it is raining or snowing. Apparently WIND is the key factor.

Note to self: Buy wind machine to facilitate getting the ducks in bed at night.
hmm.png

It is definitely the wind. My ducks will stay out most nights no matter how cold. They fly out of the 6' tall enclosure and will sleep on top of the fence, on my house roof or trailer roof. Tonight, they are all in the box I have out there for shelter with the chicken in there too.

Well after a couple of days on the new forum I have to say I do like it. I know that there are a lot of haters on the forum but for me it is a big improvement. I am having no issues at all with speed. My only issue is the white background. A little too bright for my eyes.

I FINALLY sold my last muscovies from my late summer hatch. I sold 8 of them to 2 different people last Sunday. I kept one that I thought was a female and it has been confirmed on the duck board on here today.

She is kinda a tan/blue. Drake was a chocolate/black and mom was a blue with a white head.

I am getting hatching eggs in February really cheap so I am going to get some more Barred Rocks and Black Australorps. Then sometime this spring may be getting some better bloodline Delawares. I kinda like my rooster who is 5 1/2 months old now but I don't think the points are right on the comb if I were to show them, which I am not doing.

I hope you are all doing well. I am ready for spring even though we have had a very mild winter so far down here in southwest IA, other than that first Nov. storm where we lost power for 37 hours.

That is one handsome boy rooster you got there. Can't yet tell what my bantam dellies are gonna be. If i had to guess... I'd say pullets but who knows for sure?

Back
Top Bottom