IA here

I can't wait to go to Waverly swap it is on the 15 th of April. Anyone plan on this one I have only been there in the Fall.

I have some silkies for sale if anyone is interested.

Creig, sorry to here your grandson is moving. Anyone getting birds from you are very lucky to find such nice Cochins.

waverly is a family affair for me we take all the kids and a bunch of cages and a list. plus a certain amount of $ in pocket. that way you don't come how with a parrot, puppy, fox, or a kangaroo.

I've learned the hard way we've came home with 2 of those.

waverly is a family affair for me we take all the kids and a bunch of cages and a list. plus a certain amount of $ in pocket. that way you don't come how with a parrot, puppy, fox, or a kangaroo.

I've learned the hard way we've came home with 2 of those.
Thats funny, we have to do the same thing my son acts like he can not leave without any thing. I came home with birds that I didn't know why I eaven bought them. Just to build another cage.
thumbsup.gif

Last fall I went to Waverly and brought home some nice birds and an illness. I quarantined them and they never got sick but when I turned them loose the coughing started and I lost about 20 birds. Won't be doing that again. MAYBE eggs or chicks or odd fowl, but no more adult chickens no matter what.

Last edited:
Kari;
remember, some diseases are transfrerred from mother to chick inside the egg. One of the wisest things is to add a touch of chlorine to water and place it in the incubator. this will kill anything on the shells and also do the same thing to the water in the hatcher. If you can smell the chlorine its too much. this may not get rid of everything but it will help purify the air in which other chicks may hatch. Just a thought... But I do know what you mean, it's happened to me as well. I mix vet a few drops of vet rx in the water if I get a sneeze. Had a big issue a month ago when my heater went down of course on one of the coldest nights of the year! That electrical problem really puzzled me. Turned out to be in the 10/2 wire from the disconnect to the receptacle for the heater. at least the fuses did their jobs.

I was concerned about that too. So far I haven't had a problem with any of my new chicks, even the ones I've moved out to the coop.
fl.gif
I will try the Chlorine suggestion though.

Back
Top Bottom