IA here

Another life long Iowan checking in! I've been a BYC member for a while now, but I don't post much. However I'm always diggin' on here for advise and information, this is such a wonderful site! Last year we got our first batch of chickies and since spring has sprung, I've really got the itch for some more!
lol.png
Thought about ordering some more babies but our Colombian Wy., Harriet, has made it VERY clear that she wants to be a mama! I just don't have the heart to tell her no, she's such a sweety! So, I've been searching all over looking for some hatching eggs of breeds that I'd like to add to our flock. My boys are quite adamant about getting some that lay green eggs(or blue) so they can have "Green eggs and ham". I'd like to add some Buff and Lav. Orpingtons, they are so pretty! Finding an assortment has been a bit of a challenge because I really don't need more than a dozen, she can't cover more than that and I don't have an incubator. So, I continue to search, but I really need to get her something soon, she's been sitting for a week already! Anyways, hello from our neck of the woods!!
frow.gif

Last edited:
Welcom De! There's a great bunch of folks in Iowa. I'll be in Burlington next Sunday and can help you out with some hatching eggs. Just pm if you are interested. I have Buckeys, Ameraucana, and Welsummer eggs available at the moment. I can ship eggs also if you would want to pay the $15 postage.

Another life long Iowan checking in! I've been a BYC member for a while now, but I don't post much. However I'm always diggin' on here for advise and information, this is such a wonderful site! Last year we got our first batch of chickies and since spring has sprung, I've really got the itch for some more!
lol.png
Thought about ordering some more babies but our Colombian Wy., Harriet, has made it VERY clear that she wants to be a mama! I just don't have the heart to tell her no, she's such a sweety! So, I've been searching all over looking for some hatching eggs of breeds that I'd like to add to our flock. My boys are quite adamant about getting some that lay green eggs(or blue) so they can have "Green eggs and ham". I'd like to add some Buff and Lav. Orpingtons, they are so pretty! Finding an assortment has been a bit of a challenge because I really don't need more than a dozen, she can't cover more than that and I don't have an incubator. So, I continue to search, but I really need to get her something soon, she's been sitting for a week already! Anyways, hello from our neck of the woods!!
frow.gif

I think so, he was going to try to sell some of his guinea's. He's a pretty busy guy, sometimes it takes a couple of days to get a hold of him.

Welcom De! There's a great bunch of folks in Iowa. I'll be in Burlington next Sunday and can help you out with some hatching eggs. Just pm if you are interested. I have Buckeys, Ameraucana, and Welsummer eggs available at the moment. I can ship eggs also if you would want to pay the $15 postage.

Wow! Thanks for the offer, I did find some that I placed an order on. I'll have to keep you in mind if for some reason we don't have a very good hatch. Thanks again for the offer!
smile.png

Mr. Iowa Blue roo, your two hens are in the background Eric.
All his feathers are missing off his rump, I don't know how he managed that, and you can see his comb is a bit beat up. He keeps picking on the Lavender Orpington, who is much bigger than him. He mostly just runs away, so I don't know how the ia blue gets so beat up.

Back
Top Bottom