IA here

Just wanted to say hi - I joined the board a short time ago and just found this thread. I am in Boone, central IA. Just started with chickens this February. I have a black australorp, white wyndotte, buff orp, and partridge rock. I spend way too much time watching them peck around and dust bathe :)

Just wanted to say hi - I joined the board a short time ago and just found this thread. I am in Boone, central IA. Just started with chickens this February. I have a black australorp, white wyndotte, buff orp, and partridge rock. I spend way too much time watching them peck around and dust bathe :)
welcome-byc.gif
only 4? we gotta get you some more!

Hi Jesse, welcome to the wonderful world of chickens!!! I'm sure Kari can hook you up with quite a few!

I'm fighting a bad head cold. This is day three and it started out with a terrible sore throat. I'm just sick enough to be miserable. On a side note, I'm up for election for the treasurer/secretary of The Welsummer Club of North America. I wish I had more Wellies fit for the show on Mother's Day Weekend!

welcome-byc.gif
Jesse.
Let us not be remiss in suggesting, if possible, you go to the Avoca, IA poultry show on Mothers Day Wknd. You will be able to see many breeds in the flesh! Some for sale as well.
Kari, are you attending? Trish, what time will you be arriving there? Emailed Jason a copy of the entry form and hope he plans to show too.
Gonna show one girl that has not been in a show for a long time, others that have not shown.

Hi Jesse, welcome to the wonderful world of chickens!!! I'm sure Kari can hook you up with quite a few!

I'm fighting a bad head cold. This is day three and it started out with a terrible sore throat. I'm just sick enough to be miserable. On a side note, I'm up for election for the treasurer/secretary of The Welsummer Club of North America. I wish I had more Wellies fit for the show on Mother's Day Weekend!
LOL if I get 15 sold to a guy I met at the butcher, I think I'll be out of layers but I have a lot of 1 day - 3 month olds that need a new home. I have a serious wave of broody contagion going through the big coop now
roll.png
I think I'll have to sell one to break her, she's an IaB that has sat through 2 full clutches and not hatched one. USED to be a good layer but she needs a change of scenery because she is still trying
barnie.gif
She'll starve to death if I let her try again.

I'd like to go to the show, I'll be doing a lot of driving next week as it is, so we'll have to play that one by ear. I COULD use the education though! But I warn you I know just enough now to be seriously irritating by asking a lot of really dumb questions
big_smile.png

Iowans,

Anyone interested in leghorns ? I have a production line, buff / brown and a show line, white... all Rosecomb.

let me know asap..... they want a new zip code !

If I wasn't so poor I can't even pay attention and needed another breed, I would be interested, but, I am broke beyond broke and behind on building pens.

Hi,
I am new to the forum and I am from the south central part of Iowa. I raise Old English Bantam Turkens, Lemon Blues, and Fawns. I also have Sultans.

Back
Top Bottom