IA here

I haven't been on here for so long. So much has changed but I'm still in the great state of iowa. Hope all the Iowa mini farmers are doing great.

Gregg, I'm sorry, i forgot to look for you on Sat! Just plain forgot and I'm sorry. How did the sales go?

Did okay show wise- David won the Jr. Champ Modern, so he collected a trophy and some cash and was very excited and happy aa am I! Will post a pic later.

He's smiling on the inside! Our friend Emily got Reserve champ too.
Tried to get a pic with the bird but going home to his girls was more impotant to him.

Had the annual City Council meeting last night to discuss the chickens. No complaints, no problems, 3-1 vote for another year! Would have been a 4-1 but 1 supportive council member was absent. And, they put us on the top of the agenda!

Yes, they do. it was not originally set up that way, it was set up to try it for a year and then approve it after one year if no complaints. However the City Administrator at the time, wrote it in the wrong way. I cannot fight it, just go along with it. BTW that city Administrator left town quickly after some issue that was kept very secret. Something to do with not following proper procedure and a lawsuit ensued!
At some point, if I feel I have a completely sympathetic council, I may reopen the issue and ask for it to be permanent. but we all get along.

Definate Broody outbreak at my place. Not sure how this is going to turn out, but I don't want to stick my arm in there!

Hey Trish! Are you lurking? How did it go at Avoca?

Back
Top Bottom