IA here

It took me a few minutes but i figured out what AIing is and Trish... i have to keep polite thoughts in my head but I do want to scream with laughter at the thought of you doing that! It's almost more than I can tolerate. All I can picture is Trish lifting up a seat cushion and feeling around for change! ROFLMAO!
Well moving on, hehehe.. Trish helped me out when I was financially embarassed in Avoca. you know you're in a small town when... as the joke goes.
Craig, the Galesville or Coulee Regional Poultry group, is having their first or innaugural show on June 2nd. Being their first one i don't think they got all the high spots with their advertising. They are setting up for a 1000 birds but may have more. This show is designed to replace the one in La crescent. Should be good rwing all the MN and IA folks and the WI ites together. I had to call to get in at the last minute. Cut off was the 12th. They may still accept exhibitors but you would have to call.

ETA: I made a mistake, said this repalces the La Crescent show, it is the former Richland Center show this replaces! My apologizes for the error. WI is a progressive state for shows and they run some of the finest you will see in the country with great Jr. and 4-H involvement Thats why we like to take the exra time to attend one or two each year. Their organization is unparalled in my experience so far.
Yeah, yeah! Laugh it up! I can't even do it right. Craig is the old pro.

I have a couple of maran girls that I should be AIing. The male is very intimidating. One of them followed me around to make sure I would not put her back in his bachelor pad!

Anyone in Iowa have some Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks, either hatching or ready? Looking for 2 or 3. :)

I'm from NE Iowa and have a friend who's got two roosters she needs to get rid of. One is a Lavender Wyandotte and one is an Americana. The Americana is a beautiful bird w/a white head and light brown feathers. Let me know if anyone is interested. You'd have to come get the birds. She lives sort-of in town, and can't have roo's. They are about 3-4 mos. old.

this is new to me so i have questions
hatch day is here and happening
will my rooster kill the new chicks that are just hatching ?????
any advice i incubated the hen and roo last year now will they take care of the rest?????
they are Iowa Blues .black and cream chicks........... NO CHIPMUNKS !!
thanks schroeder

this is new to me so i have questions
hatch day is here and happening
will my rooster kill the new chicks that are just hatching ?????
any advice i incubated the hen and roo last year now will they take care of the rest?????
they are Iowa Blues .black and cream chicks........... NO CHIPMUNKS !!
thanks schroeder

I usually use an incubator but have used broody hens. 1 of my roosters would kill anything new in his pen but most of mine have never bothered a chick.

Back
Top Bottom