IA here

this is new to me so i have questions
hatch day is here and happening
will my rooster kill the new chicks that are just hatching ?????
any advice i incubated the hen and roo last year now will they take care of the rest?????
they are Iowa Blues .black and cream chicks........... NO CHIPMUNKS !!
thanks schroeder
It would be safest to isolate the hen and her brood if you can. Until they are older at least. Congrats on the IaBs! Your pullets should be laying soon if they haven't already, Mine have started!

Last edited:
Need some hatching eggs fast ,have two broody hens and no Roo would like some pheasant eggs if possible or maybe duck . N Ia area around Mason City.Let me know what you have

Need some hatching eggs fast ,have two broody hens and no Roo would like some pheasant eggs if possible or maybe duck . N Ia area around Mason City.Let me know what you have
Don't know if this will help much but Bart Pals, APA Judge, lives in Mason City. Might want to give him a call to see if he's got something.

Finally some rain! I've been giving my oversized garden city water (getting expensive) and the lawn was turning brown.

HI all,

Well I did not get a reply about the BLRW chickies. But I lost two babies, now I am down to 9. I was hoping to find some local if anyone has some youngsters. My current flock are 6 weeks old.

HI all,

Well I did not get a reply about the BLRW chickies. But I lost two babies, now I am down to 9. I was hoping to find some local if anyone has some youngsters. My current flock are 6 weeks old.

I think you did get a reply, but no one on here has them. I did see some posted on Craigslist recently but can't recall if it was CR, Waterloo or Iowa City. Those are the ones I watch, Good Luck with your search!

Finally some rain! I've been giving my oversized garden city water (getting expensive) and the lawn was turning brown.
We planted tomatoes in the mud and have yet to water them! So much rain up here, saves alot on the water bill. Plus the neighbors water their garden when dry, and they are kind enough to do ours too! Accidently of course.

I'm looking for roller pigeons in eastern Iowa. I don't need anything fancy. Just some young birds the kids and I could settle and enjoy in the back yard. Anybody know of any leads?

Back
Top Bottom