IA here

I'm looking for roller pigeons in eastern Iowa. I don't need anything fancy. Just some young birds the kids and I could settle and enjoy in the back yard. Anybody know of any leads?

There are always pigeons at the Burlington flea market. It is put on by the SE Iowa Pigeon club. That is where I would try to make a connection for pigeons.

Hello! I've been lurking for a long time and learning a lot from you. I got most of my ladies from Trish, they are wonderful and beautiful birds! Today, I'm looking for a few hatching eggs for a friend who lost his leghorn and misses the big white egg in his basket. Does anyone have fertile leghorn, minorca, or ancona eggs? I plan to set a hatch around June 14th. I'm in Iowa City. thanks!

The only white egg layers I have are Icelandics. They don't have a very big egg but they are really pretty birds. I don't have fertile eggs, but I do have some young ones for sale. They were hatched on Easter.

Hello! I've been lurking for a long time and learning a lot from you. I got most of my ladies from Trish, they are wonderful and beautiful birds! Today, I'm looking for a few hatching eggs for a friend who lost his leghorn and misses the big white egg in his basket. Does anyone have fertile leghorn, minorca, or ancona eggs? I plan to set a hatch around June 14th. I'm in Iowa City. thanks!

I know somebody that has Blue Andalusians that ships eggs. I had a very good hatch rate on eggs from her. PM me if you are interested. I do have Icelandics and some of them lay larger eggs.

I went out to the coop this morming found 14 dead pigeons (1 all eaten, 3-4 with heads gone, rest just dead .) Few fantails ,One parlor roller, rest young white rollers and homers. Traps will be set for sure tonite. Glad I had the chickens and brooder house locked up. Hopefully i get the critter tonite.

Last edited:
I went out to the coop this morming found 14 dead pigeons (1 all eaten, 3-4 with heads gone, rest just dead .) Few fantails ,One parlor roller, rest young white rollers and homers. Traps will be set for sure tonite. Glad I had the chickens and brooder house locked up. Hopefully i get the critter tonite.
Oh, that's terrible! Sounds like a racoon - hope you get it!

Oh I'm sorry, sounds like a racoon to me. I had one trying to get our new babies out of the tote I had outside so they could get some fresh air. In BROAD DAYLIGHT! I snuck up on her/him and whacked it with the shovel! I'm sure it'll be back, but I am ready for it now. Dang things.

Who is Gary, where is he located, and how can I get in touch with him? I've been trying to track down some local BLRW for what seems like AGES now. Can anybody help me out here?
droolin.gif
I think I'm starting to drool... over CHICKENS.
Hi, all

Yesterday I got some BLRW from Gary! They are so sweet.

The only white egg layers I have are Icelandics. They don't have a very big egg but they are really pretty birds. I don't have fertile eggs, but I do have some young ones for sale. They were hatched on Easter.

Where are you located in Eastern Iowa? I'd be interested in some Icelandics.

Back
Top Bottom