IA here

Just saw something freaky, a large bird in the neighbors back yard, the dog scared it and it had a rabbit in it's claws, a very young one, I could hear it screaming. At least all my birds were inside at the time. We have some Osprey that nest in the lights at the football field a couple of blocks away. They are allowed to nest there by order of the DNR, maybe was one of them. I am hoping it was a rat. I have been noticing a few holes here and there but so far no traps sprung. Maybe they are mice form the fields.
Craig... i don't recall if you are going to New Ulm?
I got the show catalog for Lincoln and wow what a list of meets! Anyone close should get papers for that show, looks like a good one.

Just saw something freaky, a large bird in the neighbors back yard, the dog scared it and it had a rabbit in it's claws, a very young one, I could hear it screaming. At least all my birds were inside at the time. We have some Osprey that nest in the lights at the football field a couple of blocks away. They are allowed to nest there by order of the DNR, maybe was one of them. I am hoping it was a rat. I have been noticing a few holes here and there but so far no traps sprung. Maybe they are mice form the fields.
Craig... i don't recall if you are going to New Ulm?
I got the show catalog for Lincoln and wow what a list of meets! Anyone close should get papers for that show, looks like a good one.

No going to Sedalia and then don't know for sure. I am building a new coop (having it done) and am keeping options open so I can be here to get it right. Bigger (24 x 40) and predator resistant.
Craig

The 142nd ANNUAL SHOW of the EASTERN IOWA POULTRY ASSOCIATION will be held at the
SHARPLESS AUCTION COMPLEX on the East Side of Iowa City, IA
November 24 & 25, 2012. Show catalog is in the works, feel free to send me a pm for a copy of the show catalog via email.

Thats a nice sized coop! Are you planning to spend the winter finishing the inside, developing pens the size you want or will you be moving birds in as soon as possible?

The 142nd ANNUAL SHOW of the EASTERN IOWA POULTRY ASSOCIATION will be held at the
SHARPLESS AUCTION COMPLEX on the East Side of Iowa City, IA
November 24 & 25, 2012. Show catalog is in the works, feel free to send me a pm for a copy of the show catalog via email.
There is also a facebook page for The Eastern Iowa Poultry Association 142n annual show. Look for the most current information there.

iam looking forward to going to the show. i have never been to one and iam new and looking for diff breeds to get into and breed. is there a swap or some thing like it there is are there people selling birds and eggs???

iam looking forward to going to the show. i have never been to one and iam new and looking for diff breeds to get into and breed.    is there a swap or some thing like it there is are there people selling birds and eggs???

There is a sales area there for birds. I didn't see eggs last year. If you know somebody that is going that has something you were interested in, you may be able to arrange for them to bring eggs.

Back
Top Bottom